GDT: 1/11/24 Ottawa Senators @ Buffalo Sabres 7 pm MSGtv radio

bob_sauve28

43 minutes ago, Mr Peabody said:

Another night of getting punched in the head and rewarded with coincidental minors?  Tkachuk loves us. 

Because he knows he can bully them.

Just for once maybe punch back harder and quit whining. 

Ottawa is garbage. If we lose to them again we are garbage on fire. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What a weird way to conflate an old adage 

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Quite frankly, I’m not sure the Sabres have anyone that can punch harder.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 hours ago, inkman said:

I am blaming everyone who perpetuates this MW nonsense.  I’m looking for any juju we can get, let’s eliminate something we can control. 

Isn’t MW just juju after all?  “Must Win”, but don’t say the words or you jinx us (bad juju).   Juju - a magical property dealing with luck, superstition, and nonsense. 

We are fans.  We don’t control anything, unless you attend live and maybe your cheering or booing has some effect, however small and short term that may be.  

You do have control over whether you watch it, attend in person, or follow it by reading the sports media or social media.   Or by participating in places like here, reading and voicing your opinion.  You control whether you spend your money and time on the product.  

I am not sure how you can write to Terry and tell him what you think of the direction and performance of this team.  Not sure he would read any of it.  

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Tuch fought him in the first game back in October, I think it was Tuch’s second fight in a week.  He did ok, Brady took him down and added some extra shots. Tkachuk is a better fighter, he fights as much as he can. 

Clifton is the only good fighter on the Sabres team, but he is a middle weight, a pretty tough middle weight.  

Greenway should hold his own with Tkachuck but he rarely drops them.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Isn’t MW just juju after all?  “Must Win”, but don’t say the words or you jinx us (bad juju).   Juju - a magical property dealing with luck, superstition, and nonsense. 

We are fans.  We don’t control anything, unless you attend live and maybe your cheering or booing has some effect, however small and short term that may be.  

You do have control over whether you watch it, attend in person, or follow it by reading the sports media or social media.   Or by participating in places like here, reading and voicing your opinion.  You control whether you spend your money and time on the product.  

I am not sure how you can write to Terry and tell him what you think of the direction and performance of this team.  Not sure he would read any of it.  

Sorry, Punch, but you’re wrong. It’s the must wins and MWs holding us back. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have a choice tonight:

1.  Watch the Sabres

2. Watch my alma mater's college basketball game at the same time (the team is, much like the Sabres, underachieving and horribly frustrating to watch); or

3. Watch neither.  Maybe go to bed early, get some rest, or watch a TV show or movie that would be entertaining.

Both teams are getting me to the point of apathy, but the Sabres tend to show up every other game, and since they crapped the bed last time out, this might be their "on" game.  Leaning toward the Sabres.

55 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Tuch fought him in the first game back in October, I think it was Tuch’s second fight in a week.  He did ok, Brady took him down and added some extra shots. Tkachuk is a better fighter, he fights as much as he can. 

Clifton is the only good fighter on the Sabres team, but he is a middle weight, a pretty tough middle weight.  

Meh. He fell

Does anyone else miss that feeling (or heck, even remember it to miss it?) of actually looking forward to a Sabres game? I suppose most of us felt it last spring as the team made a valiant last ditch effort towards the playoffs.

But, I remember being a kid during the Patty/Alex years and barely being able to contain my excitement to watch the game - or how mad I was when it was west coast or not on TV.

-sigh-

• Agree 2

Josh Allen on the Bills: 'This is a very inspired group right now'

Send some to the Sabres, Josh

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Just hit his smug face through the glass 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

Note to  Fans in Attendance:

Hockey is emotion. This team must dread home games because of the continuous booing, which is really embarrassing to the home team and gives the visitor the edge. I know it's been a looonnnng twelve years (and Pegula sucks!) but I ask the fans to try to forget the bad history and to not to be so quick to boo the team. They are young and fragile and need the crowd behind them. Not to be continually kicked in the ass. Otherwise , bad plays cause booing and booing causes bad plays, over and over again. The next thing you know, it's another loss. So rally behind them if at all possible. Booing only gets them down and makes them play uptight and worse. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Quint said:

Note to  Fans in Attendance:

Hockey is emotion. This team must dread home games because of the continuous booing, which is really embarrassing to the home team and gives the visitor the edge. I know it's been a looonnnng twelve years (and Pegula sucks!) but I ask the fans to try to forget the bad history and to not to be so quick to boo the team. They are young and fragile and need the crowd behind them. Not to be continually kicked in the ass. Otherwise , bad plays cause booing and booing causes bad plays, over and over again. The next thing you know, it's another loss. So rally behind them if at all possible. Booing only gets them down and makes them play uptight and worse. 

Its not the fans fault they lose. They know how to get the fans behind them.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mr Peabody said:

Another night of getting punched in the head and rewarded with coincidental minors?  Tkachuk loves us. 

And of course the big, bad, dirty Sabres will have more penalties than Ottawa. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.