Eric Robinson acquired by the Sabres from Columbus for a 2025 conditional 7th Round Pick

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Not getting Kane shouldn't be much of an issue assuming that Quinn can return to form in the near future. As you noted, it's clear that Buffalo isn't an appealing destination for a lot of players. That's the sad reality of that is a result of long-term franchise dysfunction and failure. Tuch should be back for the road trip and Greenway should be back soon. I'm not bothered by Kane going to Detroit. It is a good spot for him. 

Robinson is outplaying him already, Just in style of play.   I would let greenway walk in the summer along with zemgus and our captain.

• Agree 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Kane tonight, no goals, -2 including giving up a shortie to Marco Scandela. Remember him? (It's his first goal of the year.)

Beautiful goal, long breakaway from his own end on the PK. Forehand, backhand roof.

Crazy stat, St Louis has 8 shorthanded goals this year, more than PP goals.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Not getting Kane shouldn't be much of an issue assuming that Quinn can return to form in the near future. As you noted, it's clear that Buffalo isn't an appealing destination for a lot of players. That's the sad reality of that is a result of long-term franchise dysfunction and failure. Tuch should be back for the road trip and Greenway should be back soon. I'm not bothered by Kane going to Detroit. It is a good spot for him. 

If we win players will come here.  Just like the Bills.  

Kane was not what we needed anyway.   But he was a barometer to understand the higher end market.  Vets want to win. 

Adam’s will get his chance at the deadline, I want the team to be in it and looking to get better.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Robinson is outplaying him already, Just in style of play.   I would let greenway walk in the summer along with zemgus and our captain.

2 things:

1, you can't let him walk because he's signed for an additional year at the low price of 3 million. 

2, Greenway has played well this year so I think recency bias is jumping in here. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 6

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Robinson and our upcoming young guys.

What upcoming young guy plays Greenway's game? Your options are Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, and idk Rousek I guess. That's really the only potentially ready to go guys for next year. 

Jost, Olofsson, Okposo, and Zemgus will all be gone. You don't want to replace that with rookies. Maybe Savoie or Kulich make the team but I'd make it hard for them too.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

What upcoming young guy plays Greenway's game? Your options are Savoie, Kulich, Rosen, and idk Rousek I guess. That's really the only potentially ready to go guys for next year. 

Jost, Olofsson, Okposo, and Zemgus will all be gone. You don't want to replace that with rookies. Maybe Savoie or Kulich make the team but I'd make it hard for them too.

I haven’t been a huge Greenway fan but his role, particularly on the PK, isn’t replaceable within the org.  I don’t see a reason to move from him yet.  

• Like (+1) 5

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I haven’t been a huge Greenway fan but his role, particularly on the PK, isn’t replaceable within the org.  I don’t see a reason to move from him yet.  

Agree....IMHO - for next season we need to acquire 2 more vet forwards with speed who can play a more physical and defensive style....it's not our young guys or Rochester.  I can only hope GMKA will finally wake up and understand this (and then do his job).

10 hours ago, Pimlach said:

If we win players will come here.  Just like the Bills.  

Kane was not what we needed anyway.   But he was a barometer to understand the higher end market.  Vets want to win. 

Adam’s will get his chance at the deadline, I want the team to be in it and looking to get better.  

There were some other factors that made Kane prefer Detroit. He and DeBrincat had an association from their Chicago days. Kane also played in the juniors in Michigan so he had some ties to the area. Like you, I wasn't bothered by not being able to sign Kane because this team had other needs. I thought that the Robinson signing met a greater need. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

I thought that the Robinson signing met a greater need. 

And so far, Robinson is helping us more than Kane is helping Detroit.  (Although to be fair, Detroit's woes are more about players that should be on their active roster but aren't right now.)

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

And so far, Robinson is helping us more than Kane is helping Detroit.  (Although to be fair, Detroit's woes are more about players that should be on their active roster but aren't right now.)

Kane hadn't played or even skated for many months.  It was bound to take some time for him the get into game shape.  At least he has played okay and appears to be getting back into game shape.  I hope it last for him.

7 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Kane hadn't played or even skated for many months.  It was bound to take some time for him the get into game shape.  At least he has played okay and appears to be getting back into game shape.  I hope it last for him.

Kane is actually doing... well, not so bad, all things considered.  The real point is that he isn't enough to help Detroit right now, whereas Robinson is helping the Sabres.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

2 things:

1, you can't let him walk because he's signed for an additional year at the low price of 3 million. 

2, Greenway has played well this year so I think recency bias is jumping in here. 

Playing "well" is relative.  2 goals, 7 assists,  -1 in 21 games.  AVe 16:23 per game.  Record 8-13 in games he played.  Is that what you want/look for in a top 6 forward?

13 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I thought special teams goals don't count toward +/- ?

13 hours ago, French Collection said:

If you are on the PP and give up a shortie that is a dash 1, a big one.

Similarly, you get a +1 for scoring a shorthanded goal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

What you are doing right now is what you will be the for the rest of time. That's why recency bias is so accurate.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, inkman said:

Acquiring players like Robinson should have been the offseason goal.  Resigning Girgs and Okie was an egregious error on Kevyn’s part.  I understand the vibes nonsense but this team needed to solidify their bottom 6.  

I don’t know. I feel like midseason is the right time to be adding out guys who fill up those 4th line roles. That’s when you’re going to find guys like this, cast offs who are going to turn it up a notch in hopes of sticking with the new team. I’m not so sure that same drive is there if they’re with the team from day 1. 

• Agree 1