GDT Predators @ Sabres Sunday Dec 3rd 7pm MSG,ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

58 minutes ago, Mango said:

Here’s a totally crazy thought, Brind’Amour hasn’t signed an extension yet…

It’s not crazy.  It’s my hope and dream that Adam's can get him.  They were teammates, and Cup winners, It will take a lot of Pegula Bucks.  

• Like (+1) 7

50 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

It’s not crazy.  It’s my hope and dream that Adam's can get him.  They were teammates, and Cup winners, It will take a lot of Pegula Bucks.  

Rod sees meddling TP as owner and rink manager Adams as GM. Why would he touch this situation with a 10 foot pole? It would have to take Pegula signing a restraining order and an agreement Rod can hire his GM.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, SabresBillsFan said:

^ This is true and unfortunately this is getting so old. Like how much more can the good players take before they want out. Plus for the fan base this is unacceptable. The way they are going Chicago’s gonna probably be ahead of us on the rebuild.

I think that KA thought Tuch might be that guy and it’s hard to fault his effort, but for some reason the team doesn’t give the same effort he does.  He obviously doesn’t hold his teammates accountable.  

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Rod sees meddling TP as owner and rink manager Adams as GM. Why would he touch this situation with a 10 foot pole? It would have to take Pegula signing a restraining order and an agreement Rod can hire his GM.

There will come a time when “rink manager” is no longer applicable. It is year four. How much experience do you require as a GM before he is considered a GM? I assume he is capable of learning on the job, even if he was elevated prematurely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

He is a good coach. Don't see it happening. 

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think that KA thought Tuch might be that guy and it’s hard to fault his effort, but for some reason the team doesn’t give the same effort he does.  He obviously doesn’t hold his teammates accountable.  

Tuch does give more than most and is one of the few worth his pay.

Another loss to a tear down rebuild team. Not going anywhere with that, even if it was a close score. 

A telling thing to me is as you watch the game you see every single time we got near Saros they gave us a shot or two after the whistle. Down around our goal we did nothing. Maybe that doesn't win or lose hockey games, but it does tell you a lot about the team and it's culture. 

• Like (+1) 5

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Killing my dream huh?  What’s left? 

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Just saw they are 1 point ahead of where they were last year so all is not lost !  
IMHO, They need two pieces they don't have at the moment . ... a hard nosed 3 line winger and a true top 4 dman.   
neither are easy to find but if any team has the pieces to make a trade, it's the Sabres 

waive guys who don't want to compete - Olofsson I'm looking at you .....he scores as I write this 😀

KO needs to be the 13th forward   I think they would be better off now with Dahlin as their Captain - he's should be their leader today not tomorrow 

and get back Quinn and Tage 

if things seem the same in another week - gotta fire DG 

Not anymore. And that team had an 8 game losing streak already 

4 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Bad news: per Harrington Pegula is dead set against firing a coach until their contract is up because of worries about cost overruns for the new throwball stadium (which he is on the hook for).

Tl,dr: We are going to be run like the Charles Wang Islanders post Lighthouse going down in flames (AKA: Hopeless Poverty Franchise). We are literally in Hell.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Pimlach said:

No he isn’t.  

I'm going to have to disagree on that. He had a good game last night, but didn't score but the rest of the season he's just not good.

His production obviously is way down.

As others and myself have referenced with examples, he is very often out of position and goals against are scored from areas where he should have been. He chases the puck and leaves wide open zones. And there have even been a couple of cases where he hasn't hustled back where goals have been scored against, hanging the defense out to dry..

Reduced offensive production, replays that show he's coasting when goals are scored against, and terrible positional play. One good game last night doesn't erase that. He has been not average, but a bad hockey player for this team this year.

7 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

It’s amazing that we’re only a few points out of a wildcard spot 

Which is why team management will NOT do anything.  No coach firing, no trades to improve, etc.  They believe they have the pieces and just need a little luck and injury recovery to be right back in contention.  I don't believe it at all, but that's where I think their heads are.  No help coming on the horizon.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, sabremike said:

Bad news: per Harrington Pegula is dead set against firing a coach until their contract is up because of worries about cost overruns for the new throwball stadium (which he is on the hook for).

Tl,dr: We are going to be run like the Charles Wang Islanders post Lighthouse going down in flames (AKA: Hopeless Poverty Franchise). We are literally in Hell.

Well, that is three losses in a row.  This one to a slower and less talented team that pushed us around all night.  The home crowd was sparse last night. 

Tage, Greenway, and Tuch are out.  Playoffs are on life support.before Christmas as everyone has games in hand. 

Granato and Adams have been freshly extended.  

Hell is hot.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.