Which coach's tuchus is toastier, Granato's or McDermott's?

PASabreFan

Which coach's tuchus is toastier, Granato's or McDermott's?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which coach's tuchus is toastier, Granato's or McDermott's?

• Don
    • Sean
    • Are you serious? They'll both sleep like babies tonight

I think McDermott's leash is a lot longer right now than Meatball's because he at least has a record of some success. Also, the Bills are banged up and not very deep, the latter of which is not McDermott's responsibiity.

Meatballs needs to prove he has the team's attention and can manage a game competently. I am not seeing evidence of either this season.

Edited by ...
  • Like (+1) 1

Neither, as long as Pegula is running the show. But if Terry doesn't grow a pair and stop hiring yes men to be his teams leaders? He'll be sorry when that new stadium opens. I'm already 95% sure this is my last year as a Bills STH. And everyone around me most likely won't be coming back once the PSL's kick in. 

In before “It’s a development season”.

Not really.  But I certainly hope the Sabres staff are feeling pressure.  I am sure the Bills staff are.  McDermott never seemed to accept the idea that winning didn’t need to be a sign post of positive development.

19 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I don't know how hot his seat is, but I think it's time for McDermott to go.

Beane and McDermott looked to be a team. My guess is both go or both stay. Can't see both going for at least this season. Dorsey may take the fall.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Radar said:

Beane and McDermott looked to be a team. My guess is both go or both stay. Can't see both going for at least this season. Dorsey may take the fall.

I've been getting the feeling the last season or so that what we're seeing from McDermott is the best we're ever going to see.  The first indication was the 13 loss to KC.  They needed that win as a franchise and I think it was more devastating than Wide Right.  They need to fire McD and bring in a coach that can maximize the talent on this team.

Beane and McDermott are a team.  Clean house.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

The Bills are making the same mistake that they made with Marv Levy. Mcdermott gets badly outcoached year after year in the playoffs and they need to make a change and swing for the fences while the window is still open. Levy should have been let go after the 3rd super bowl or maybe even the 2nd one. He was outcoached that badly. No team has ever started the same quarterback under the same head coach for more than five years and seen that duo win its first championship.

As for Granato he's definitely a good development coach but I doubt he will ever get the Sabres to the next level. This reminds me of Denis Savard when he was coaching the Blackhawks. He started the turnaround but when it was time to win he was quickly replaced by Joel Quenneville who was waiting in the wings in a consulting role. It won't happen but I think Gerard Gallant would be a good candidate.

Does this look familiar?

Screenshot 2023-10-24 112312.png

Edited by Rhyno716

15 minutes ago, Rhyno716 said:

The Bills are making the same mistake that they made with Marv Levy. Mcdermott gets badly outcoached year after year in the playoffs and they need to make a change and swing for the fences while the window is still open. Levy should have been let go after the 3rd super bowl or maybe even the 2nd one. He was outcoached that badly. No team has ever started the same quarterback under the same head coach for more than five years and seen that duo win its first championship.

As for Granato he's definitely a good development coach but I doubt he will ever get the Sabres to the next level. This reminds me of Denis Savard when he was coaching the Blackhawks. He started the turnaround but when it was time to win he was quickly replaced by Joel Quinneville who was waiting in the wings in a consulting role. It won't happen but I think Gerard Gallant would be a good candidate.

Does this look familiar?

Screenshot 2023-10-24 112312.png

The issue with Gallant, whom I like, is that he’s also not the “finisher” coach. Can he get us to play harder and make the playoffs? I strongly believe that. But he’s a 3-year lifespan coach and probably not a cup winner. 

to early to roast Granato but if we are not in the playoffs this year then the fires will be stoked more and more as the season rolls on.

I've been losing faith more in McD every year since the 13 seconds debacle, equally losing faith in Beane as well as he has had to rely too much on FA to bring in players and his drafting hasn't been good enough

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I don't know how hot his seat is, but I think it's time for McDermott to go.

please no. 

If McD gets fired we are likely to drop.  If Beane leaves, Terry could very likely turn the Bills into the Sabres, just by being Terry.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I've been getting the feeling the last season or so that what we're seeing from McDermott is the best we're ever going to see.  The first indication was the 13 loss to KC.  They needed that win as a franchise and I think it was more devastating than Wide Right.  They need to fire McD and bring in a coach that can maximize the talent on this team.

Beane and McDermott are a team.  Clean house.

These words we also said twice for Bill Bellicheck and three times prior for Andy Reid.  

Sometimes it takes time, sometimes you have a step backwards.   McBeane are not deserving of losing their jobs.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.