Around the NHL 2023-24 Season

Brawndo

15 hours ago, Doohickie said:

I've decided two things about Dan Dunleavey:

1. He's a heck of a nice guy.  Just a quality guy all around.
  2. He's also part of the reason I dislike watching Sabres games these days.

This kind of stuff always intrigues me. How did you decide Dan is nice and quality?

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

This kind of stuff always intrigues me. How did you decide Dan is nice and quality?

I follow him on Twitter.  I see what he tweets.  He's a dog lover with a shelter pet.  He's a devoted husband and supported his wife through cancer treatment.  He likes rock and roll.  I've DMed him on Twitter a few times and he always provided prompt answers.

• Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Doohickie said:

I follow him on Twitter.  I see what he tweets.  He's a dog lover with a shelter pet.  He's a devoted husband and supported his wife through cancer treatment.  He likes rock and roll.  I've DMed him on Twitter a few times and he always provided prompt answers.

Yeah, but is he kind to little kids, the elderly, and disabled? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Alex Formentin, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote all given indefinite leaves from their pro teams.

And another player in the Swiss Leagues was given permission to go home.

Hopefully for those players it is coincidental.

14 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Alex Formentin, Carter Hart, Michael McLeod and Cal Foote all given indefinite leaves from their pro teams.

I seem to remember Hart being in the rumor mill about this issue way back when it started. Those "indefinite leaves" did sort of pop out of nowhere suddenly so a connection here is likely. 

1 hour ago, inkman said:

I believe Clague (I know not a current Sabre) was on the team.  Glad he wasn’t a part of the assault. 

Clague was on it. Lots of current NHL guys on it, but presumably not all involved or even there. I believe they are saying one drunken woman went up to the room and had consensual sex with one player. After that 7 or 8  players(not sure if they are counting the original guy) came into the room and then some things happened that went into the rape scenario. She was too drunk to leave or resist but did not consent to any of what went on after. If that is in fact how it went they are all guilty, but the original guy is the lowest of the low imo since he allowed the other players in and basically passed the poor girl on like a plaything. Truly revolting. 

full roster:

https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/team-canada/men/junior/2017-18/world-championship/stats/team-rosters?teamid=175

I was at the Avs-Caps game last night. Two things to pass on:

1) In the pre-game skate, when everyone was leaving, McKinnon stayed on the ice and had someone feed him one timers in the circle. He took about 10 in a row at 3/4 speed, then departed. Two of the three goals he scored in the 2nd period (in less than 7 minutes no less) were from this spot and were one timers from Rantanen.  

2) Ovie is now like a large, strong, slow Victor Olofsson. Sad to see.  

Edited by TheAud

On 1/22/2024 at 8:50 PM, Doohickie said:

I've decided two things about Dan Dunleavey:

1. He's a heck of a nice guy.  Just a quality guy all around.
  2. He's also part of the reason I dislike watching Sabres games these days.

It’s actually insane how much the loss of Rick takes away from the games. That’s settling in for me. Obviously obviously beyond anyone’s control but…ya

• Like (+1) 1