Sabres Sign Dahlin to an 8 Year 88 Million Dollar Extension

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, Curt said:

Ok.  It’s $0.5M more than I expected, but if it’s going to be a tad high then I’m glad that it is 8 instead of 7 or 6.  That was probably just the cost of getting him locked up for the full 8 years.  I think he is the future captain.

Dahlin under contract for 9 more seasons!  Woo hoo!

And let’s face it, one guy making an extra half million is not going to be crippling the cap. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Allen said:

That’s not very “team friendly” but as long as we locked him up for 8 I’m happy. 

But it's not awful either.  I think Dahlin's agent was savvy to wait until there was more clarity on where the cap was going.  I'm sure Kevyn wanted a better deal but it is what it is.  Now let's see if he can get Power locked up or if that will be a bridge deal.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, mjd1001 said:

I really don't like the amount. Yes you may not have had a choice, but the way the team is going to be competitive is if you don't pay too high for many players and if you can bring them in at a fair value or ever so slightly below.

This contract is why Kevyn sought to bring in Tage and Cozens on value deals.  This the rainy day those savings were for.

4 minutes ago, Night Train said:

Announcing a new UPL deal. 

8 x 8

• Like (+1) 1

Good.  I had a feeling the Sabres (management and players) did not want any chance at a distration from the playoff quest.

This is a lot of money, but fair for both parties.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

This contract is why Kevyn sought to bring in Tage and Cozens on value deals.  This the rainy day those savings were for.

And Mule.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

And this is why it took so long to get this done. A lot of effort must’ve went into the production of this video to make sure it was perfect. My guess there were arguments on whether they should show him in the all white uniform vs more goat head shots. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Fair contract. Assuming cap keeps rising and he continues his high level of play, it will be good for both sides.

I don't think team friendly deals are possible in NYS. taxes are too high. Places with low/no taxes make those deals possible.

Glad to have this done. On to Power now.

My dream is to somehow trade skinner, but it is a dream lol. What a horrible contract that is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.