GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

3 hours ago, matter2003 said:

for the love of God, can someone please punch Marchand in the face?  If he is playing that is...

How Marchand got this far into his career without ever really facing the consequences of being a douchebag is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, inkman said:

Don’t make me come to Buffalo tonight!!😡

https://x.com/sneakyjoesports/status/1706662181364732366?s=46&t=MlZqQ72jOicGxFUY54ofpA

Does someone want to bother explaining to me how to embed posts from “X”?  Taint working for me. 

Change the x.com back to twitter.com

It seems to convert when you post, and the forum code must only work with the old url, not the new one. But the share button gives you the x.com urls instead, so you have to either go to twitter.com and copy from the address bar, or just manually edit the urls yourself. And keep in mind the URLS have both a link and a display text. By default they are the same, But if you edit your post and try to change it there, it will just update the display text and not the link url, so it still won't work.

It took me a few tries to get your tweet to embed below:

Edited by SabresBaltimore
clarification/more detail

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

Fingers crossed.

Sportsnet Plus was fantastic last year. Didn’t miss a game and was grateful about not having to chase games across multiple platforms like many US fans seem to.

Like @French Collection, I don’t remember if it carried exhibition games last year, but I’m sure I watched them somewhere.

It is definitely on sportsnet+ and will almost certainly be the NESN feed. Sportsnet seems to favour NESN feeds. You don't get a choice of feeds but what I like here on the west coast is all the games can be restarted in delay so it starts at 4 pacific time, I get home at 5 or 6 I can start the game from the beginning or even watch it later as I often do. See every game that way no matter what I'm doing. 

Sabres should win easily, this is a very sparse Bruins roster.

GAME ROSTER:

Forwards: John Beecher, Jesper Boqvist, Alex Chiasson, John Farinacci, Danton Heinen, Trevor Kuntar, Jakub Lauko, Milan Lucic, Marc McLaughlin, Jayson Megna, Georgii Merkulov, Oskar Steen, Luke Toporowski

Defensemen: Frederic Brunet, Brandon Carlo, Jackson Edward, Matt Grzelcyk, Mason Lohrei, Ryan Mast, Ian Mitchell

Goaltenders: Michael DiPietro, Kyle Keyser

I have two tickets for tonights game up for sale on Ticketmaster for $25 each. Unless they happen to sell by the time I connect with someone, I'd be happy to transfer them to whoever contacts me first. You'll need the Ticketmaster app and I guess I use your mobile phone number or email to make the transfer. 

PM me if you want them. 

edit: they are in the lower bowl, sort of in the corner. Section 113 row 21

edit #2 - what I mean is they are free to anyone on here who can use them

Edited by TheAud

4 hours ago, SabresBaltimore said:

It will be interesting to see Benson playing with Thompson and Skinner. It'll also be interesting to see how Levi plays. I'm a bit disappointed Dahlin isn't out there with Clifton. Hopefully that happens in one of the other games at least.

I’m also interested in Kulich Mitts Tuch. Could be something if he makes the team.

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

This short link is from Sabres.com. Zack Benson comes from a family that worked in a traveling carnival business in the summertime. It gives you an insight why he is so adaptable to new situations. He's had a lot of exposure to a lot of different coaches and situations. He has a unique background and a pleasant personality. He was a terrific pick in the draft. 

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/zach-benson-s-family-business-6337869023112

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/video/granato-after-practice-6337805943112

Guess we're losing Austin Powers as a Sabres fan. 

(Yes, realize his alter ego is actually a Loafs fan.  It's a friggin' joke.)

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

It is definitely on sportsnet+ and will almost certainly be the NESN feed. Sportsnet seems to favour NESN feeds. You don't get a choice of feeds but what I like here on the west coast is all the games can be restarted in delay so it starts at 4 pacific time, I get home at 5 or 6 I can start the game from the beginning or even watch it later as I often do. See every game that way no matter what I'm doing. 

Sabres should win easily, this is a very sparse Bruins roster.

GAME ROSTER:

Forwards: John Beecher, Jesper Boqvist, Alex Chiasson, John Farinacci, Danton Heinen, Trevor Kuntar, Jakub Lauko, Milan Lucic, Marc McLaughlin, Jayson Megna, Georgii Merkulov, Oskar Steen, Luke Toporowski

Defensemen: Frederic Brunet, Brandon Carlo, Jackson Edward, Matt Grzelcyk, Mason Lohrei, Ryan Mast, Ian Mitchell

Goaltenders: Michael DiPietro, Kyle Keyser

Considering the MSG feed is the NESN feed, yep, if you get the game picked up by SN you'll be getting the NESN feed.

2 hours ago, TheAud said:

I have two tickets for tonights game up for sale on Ticketmaster for $25 each. Unless they happen to sell by the time I connect with someone, I'd be happy to transfer them to whoever contacts me first. You'll need the Ticketmaster app and I guess I use your mobile phone number or email to make the transfer. 

PM me if you want them. 

Unless the seats are really good (and a corner 21 rows up probably doesn't qualify) $25 is a tough sell for a preseason game.  $20 seems to be a price point that will get you better results.  (He says probably 3 minutes before your seasts sell for $25 each.  LOL)

5 hours ago, Derrico said:

All Sabres games can be streamed in Canada via Sportsnet Plus ($250 for the season).  I see they're also carrying the game tonight.

Woah.  Hopefully it isn't blocked as Sportsnet Plus is the only provider now I believe (use to be NHL Live).

Nice thing about SN+ is that they almost exclusively use the Sabres feed when it’s not a Canadian team they’re playing against.

If you go monthly, and start the day of the first game, it’s $210 for the season minus the last two games.  
Depending on where the Sabres stand at that point, you might have the option to cancel before the Florida game and save the $40.  

Of course, all the playoff games would be on one Sportsnet channel or another.

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Unless the seats are really good (and a corner 21 rows up probably doesn't qualify) $25 is a tough sell for a preseason game.  $20 seems to be a price point that will get you better results.  (He says probably 3 minutes before your seasts sell for $25 each.  LOL)

On the one hand, I did sell three companion seats in the same row for $30 each, on the other hand the game is upon us so I dropped them to $15 just now. (The lowest the Sabres will allow is $5)

But still free to The Aud Club posters!

Edited by TheAud
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TheAud said:

PM me if you want them. 

I sure wish I saw this earlier. Would’ve been fun to bring my daughter to the game. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Nope. I have no room on my team for a guy who licks opponents’ faces. 

I just don’t know how someone who’s been speared in the nuts, slew footed, licked, elbowed in the face, knee on knee (all things he does, most with regularity hasn’t just said I’m done and two handed him accords that giant beak.  It’s the NHL, the worst they’ll do is a 5-10 game suspension.  Just end this dude already.  

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TheAud said:

On the one hand, I did sell three companion seats in the same row for $30 each, on the other hand the game is upon us so I dropped them to $15 just now. (The lowest the Sabres will allow is $5)

But still free to The Aud Club posters!

Sold the other two at $15 each!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.