GDT - Bruins at Sabres - Tuesday, September 26, 2023 - 7:00 PM (EDT) - Pre-Season Game 2

Sabres Fan in NS

33 minutes ago, phil_soisson said:

I have the game on NESN+. I swear Jack Edwards has had several cocktails.

People were talking about Edwards sounding off last year.  (Refuse to watch the NESN feed of anything if there are ANY other options, so don't know how far off he was.)  Hoping he doesn't have the disease that Ted Darling had.  He caught a lot of flack for sounding drunk on mic though it couldn't have been further from the truth.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Eichless21 said:

Is there any slight chance Benson makes the team???

Always a slight chance. There is one spot open effectively but maybe two for the opening night roster. You don't want Benson being the 13th or 14th forward.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Yup. But I think Adams will want him to develop in Jr's based on past experiences 

Agree that the plan was to send Benson back to Whereverthefrigitistheynowplayin, WA but if he flat out earns a spot, can't see him sending him back.  Goes against the grain of the character he's trying to build and demonstrate.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Taro T said:

People were talking about Edwards sounding off last year.  (Refuse to watch the NESN feed of anything if there are ANY other options, so don't know how far off he was.)  Hoping he doesn't have the disease that Ted Darling had.  He caught a lot of flack for sounding drunk on mic though it couldn't have been further from the truth.

I agree. I certainly wouldn't make light of any serious medical condition.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, jad1 said:

No doubt.  He'll be the best player to wear #9 in franchise history.

Could be. 

16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Rick Martin wore 9 briefly.  If Benson tops that...

True, but Martin will always be known as 7.  Dudley was a 9, who also wore 17.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

Adams better hurry up and send Benson down or he is going to make the top line with Skinner and Tage.

IF he does earn making this squad, it'd go a long way towards making them a true 3 scoring line team like they would've been had Quinn been healthy.  Love the thought of getting to watch him play the next 8 or so years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.