Sabres or Bills?

xzy89c1

I have loved the Sabres since the beginning.  Through thick and thin.  Even the wasted years - I agree with @Weave.

Honestly, I have been to a few Bills games when they stank - my uncle had seasons for business years ago, but I am a fair weather fan of the Bills.  

I am a fan of the Bills, but not the NFL.  

I am a futbal fan and have a few sides that I follow .. not either from Manchester, nor Munich, nor London - Arsenal or Chelsea .........

17 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills are the team that keeps Buffalo in the major leagues. I love hockey but the NHL will always be a boutique sport.

People always say this as a pejorative (not sure if you are), but is that really a bad thing and isn't that one of the reasons we like it? I know I do. I hope it's always a boutique sport,... at least then I can afford the tickets.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

People always say this as a pejorative (not sure if you are), but is that really a bad thing and isn't that one of the reasons we like it? I know I do. I hope it's always a boutique sport,... at least then I can afford the tickets.

I think it can go too far, but I totally get what you're saying. If it becomes too boutique, the money starts to dry up and some of the nice things go away, like high-quality broadcast/streaming coverage of games. If the dollars aren't there cuts have to be made.

14 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I think it can go too far, but I totally get what you're saying. If it becomes too boutique, the money starts to dry up and some of the nice things go away, like high-quality broadcast/streaming coverage of games. If the dollars aren't there cuts have to be made.

You mean the broadcasts won't be able to land rare talent like Rob Ray? 

But seriously, hockey is expanding. Don't see it drying up 

On 9/7/2023 at 12:58 PM, SwampD said:

Good point.

One of the reasons I have soured a bit on the NFL and the Bills is just the oversaturation. ESPN saying more and more controversial things just to get viewers/interaction/clicks.  Social media being full of non stop, often times non-sensical talk about it.  The hype, etc.  It gets to be too much for me at times.  When a sport gets that big (you can also see it a bit in F1 racing and Soccer, even the NBA a bit), it kinda turns me off.

I like the NHL in part because there is a little of that, but when you watch a game you can just watch the game and not get hit over the head with all the extra stuff the 'bigger sports' give you.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 2

Been going to both as long as I can remember and the tailgating tradition for the Bills games would be tough to leave behind. I do love that hockey goes from October through April/May so it's a tough call for me. I probably would not watch the NHL until the playoffs if the Sabres left and I would still watch the NFL if the Bills left.

• Agree 1

On 9/7/2023 at 12:58 PM, SwampD said:

No insult intended. Just that hockey will never be as widely popular as football or basketball.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.