Rick Jeanneret: 1942–2023

PromoTheRobot

I had hoped that they would turn this franchise around to give him one more night in the booth when it really counted.  I honor of RJ, Adams, Grantato, and Pegula, do everything in your power to make this coming season a great one in honor of the greatest play-by-play guy in hockey history.  

• Like (+1) 2

Really sucks.

Some people cry when the good guy dies at the end of a movie. I don't watch a lot of movies, but Sabres Hockey has been my number 1 source of entertainment for a good part of my 48 years. Rick was my good guy. Knew it was coming eventually, but it sucks. 

RIP Rick

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 3

I was blessed to be at RJ night, and I saw a group of players that really understood what he meant to the franchise and community. They still talk about the impact of that night. It is one of the things that drive them. That night was the first time the arena was so full, and so full of life, in so many years. 

These players did not commit the crime that was the quality of hockey Rick saw in his last years, but I know they will absolve it this year and will be thinking about him the whole time

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I was blessed to be at RJ night, and I saw a group of players that really understood what he meant to the franchise and community. They still talk about the impact of that night. It is one of the things that drive them. That night was the first time the arena was so full, and so full of life, in so many years. 

These players did not commit the crime that was the quality of hockey Rick saw in his last years, but I know they will absolve it this year and will be thinking about him the whole time

I am tearing up just thinking of the final words of his speech that night: "I love you!" I have been to many sporting events in my life but that night was by far the greatest.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, sabremike said:

I am tearing up just thinking of the final words of his speech that night: "I love you!" I have been to many sporting events in my life but that night was by far the greatest.

I knew it was going to be memorable but it really was special. I took some friends to that game, who brought adjacent friends, who had never watched a second of hockey and didn't know who that man down there was. They cried during and after his speech. Couldn't really believe what they were seeing and hearing.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I can assure you one thing, the home opener  vs the Rangers is going to be one special night, and that freaking team better win by at least five goals, deliver five fights, and have the building rocking.

I probably won't get that game from our split seasons, I will have to sell another game because I"m not missing this one

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.