2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

ANA’s D made last year made Buffalo’s look like the top of the league. Gibson is still very good, certainly better/safer than UPL. In saying that, I doubt KA has interest given his salary and attitude. Apparently, He wouldn’t waive last year to come to the Sabres and would be really be okay with splitting starts with Levi?

He's horrible have you missed his last 4 years ? He's a Boat anchor.

I'm glad he said no.

Next

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Gibson played on a BAD team and still got 0.9   If we trade for a goalie he’s the one for me.  4 years and if he gets outplayed by Levi then so be it. He shouldn’t cost any prime asset

Gibson is the 4th most expensive goalie in the league (5th after Sorokin’s new contract kicks in). He hasn’t had an above average season in 4 years. He’s had a negative goals saved above average expected for 4 years. 

For comparison, Carter Hutton had a better save percentage in his first year with the Sabres, than Gibson has had in the last 4 years. 

I have no interest in Gibson, below average Goalie play, even if it might be better on a better team, is not close to worth a top 5 goalie contract for FOUR more years. I’m 2 years do you want to not be able to sign one of JJP/Quinn because your backup goalie is making way too much? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

ANA’s D made last year made Buffalo’s look like the top of the league. Gibson is still very good, certainly better/safer than UPL. In saying that, I doubt KA has interest given his salary and attitude. Apparently, He wouldn’t waive last year to come to the Sabres and would be really be okay with splitting starts with Levi?

Any ideas on why Gibson has been worse than his backups the past few years?  Don’t very good starting goalies generally perform better than their backups?

28 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Gibson isn't good. 

Just now, Doohickie said:

Yeah, that's kind of the read I get.

At first I was thinking the Sabres should go after him but... I don't know, meh.

A) the Sabres believe that Gibson is fixable 

B) they say their numbers indicate he hadn’t been as bad as first impression 

C) UPL has been statistically one of the worst goalies in any league he has played in since crazy hood junior year

D) I believe, he’s still plan B

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, tom webster said:

C) UPL has been statistically one of the worst goalies in any league he has played in since crazy hood junior year

So you think they'll make a play for Gibson?

4 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Who is their plan A?

6 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think Comrie plays more games for the Sabres in 2023 than UPL.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Who is their plan A?

I think they want Hellebuyck, I think they are willing to take him for a year, I think they prefer for him to agree to a one year extension, I think they are not really close to a deal, I think both GM’s are notoriously patient, I think it’s possible they settle for Gibson. 
To be clear, this is all me putting dots together and nothing else.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I think they want Hellebuyck, I think they are willing to take him for a year, I think they prefer for him to agree to a one year extension, I think they are not really close to a deal, I think both GM’s are notoriously patient, I think it’s possible they settle for Gibson. 

Well, if Helle would agree to a 1-year extension -- which presumably would be in the $9MM+ range to make it worth his while -- my willingness to pay a higher price to Winnipeg increases.  I'm still not giving up JJP, Quinn, Levi, Kulich, Savoie or Benson, but I can see something like 2 out of Östlund, Rosen, Joki and their 2024 #1 plus a couple of lesser-but-still-decent assets.

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, if Helle would agree to a 1-year extension -- which presumably would be in the $9MM+ range to make it worth his while -- my willingness to pay a higher price to Winnipeg increases.  I'm still not giving up JJP, Quinn, Levi, Kulich, Savoie or Benson, but I can see something like 2 out of Östlund, Rosen, Joki and their 2024 #1 plus a couple of lesser-but-still-decent assets.

IF he signed a short extension then 1st, Joker, UPL, VO . They don’t want to rebuild they want pieces for their lineup. If they don’t want VO then Rosen or Östlund but only with a short extension in place.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

I doubt Hellebuyck goes to any team without a long term contract in place, it wouldn’t make much sense for him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.