2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

https://theathletic.com/4637928/2023/06/24/nhl-trade-grades-avalanche-ryan-johansen/

Ryan Johansen to the Avs for Alex Galchenyuck. Nash retains 50% for the next 2 years   $4 mill per season.  Galchenyuk is a UFA July 1st.

Good trade for the Preds, Trotts was going to buy him out if he couldn't trade him. I think the retention is cheaper. 

31 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Some talk of him going back to Boston via St. Louis eating half the salary and then somebody else (Philly?) eating half of the half. 

You are clearly tuned in to the Bruins.

I’ve seen you post more than a few items about players the Bruins are bringing in and for the life of me I don’t see how.

The thought of the Bruins with 1 pick in the 1st 2 rounds over the next 3 years, perhaps the weakest pool of prospects in the NHL, 10 unsigned roster players, and less than $5 million in cap space acquiring anyone of significance - particularly a someone who is not a forward - seems crazy to me.

Does the talk ever include how they are going to make this work?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

You are clearly tuned in to the Bruins.

I’ve seen you post more than a few items about players the Bruins are bringing in and for the life of me I don’t see how.

The thought of the Bruins with 1 pick in the 1st 2 rounds over the next 3 years, perhaps the weakest pool of prospects in the NHL, 10 unsigned roster players, and less than $5 million in cap space acquiring anyone of significance - particularly a someone who is not a forward - seems crazy to me.

Does the talk ever include how they are going to make this work?

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/bruins

I'm not really "tuned in" but I am a member of a Bruins fan board similar to this one (not as good by the way). I don't post there much but I do read a little and see what they chatter about. 

As to how it would happen, there's talk of moving pieces out (like Hall) and in this case trading Gryzelyk so with St. Louis retaining salary and maybe another retention from Philly if they trade Gryzelyk they actually save money. 

I think it all got going there because there was some supposed tweet from David Pasternak saying "Bring Torrey Home" or something like that. I got that part second hand so I didn't mention it earlier. Might be BS. 

There's also a huge rumor about "a franchise altering trade" in the works, possibly with Calgary. All just talk and rumors. 

This year in general seems wild in terms of possible trades and rumors. Enjoyable for us fans I think, but ultimately most of them won't happen I'd think. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

I'm not really "tuned in" but I am a member of a Bruins fan board similar to this one (not as good by the way). I don't post there much but I do read a little and see what they chatter about. 

As to how it would happen, there's talk of moving pieces out (like Hall) and in this case trading Gryzelyk so with St. Louis retaining salary and maybe another retention from Philly if they trade Gryzelyk they actually save money. 

I think it all got going there because there was some supposed tweet from David Pasternak saying "Bring Torrey Home" or something like that. I got that part second hand so I didn't mention it earlier. Might be BS. 

There's also a huge rumor about "a franchise altering trade" in the works, possibly with Calgary. All just talk and rumors. 

This year in general seems wild in terms of possible trades and rumors. Enjoyable for us fans I think, but ultimately most of them won't happen I'd think. 

The “franchise altering trade” was a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, tom webster said:

The “franchise altering trade” was a joke.

Yeah my dumb ass went searching out their roster for what that could mean. My only conclusion was Pasternak who is their only great player under 35. I can’t possibly imagine a world where they trade him for anything less than…uh…Eichel. 🤮

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.