2023 NHL Summer Trade Thread

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Yep - I wonder:

1. The cost for him at this point? UPL and?

2. Is Gibson willing to waive to come to Buffalo? He wasn’t willing last year and last year he wouldn’t have been sharing the crease with Levi

At this point Buffalo doesn't need to Beg for gibson anymore he didn't want to be here just ignore him .

He's the one that screwed up 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d offer Jokiharju, Olofsson and UPL for Gibson and Henrique

Yep - Joker, Oloff, UPL and a 2024 2nd for Gibson (Net money opened in cap 1.69 million

Sign Tarasenko (I'd take Tatar too for $4.5 million per) for 2 years $12m 

Beginning cap:

5.88 million

Gibson cap savings: +1.69 million = 7.57 million

Tarasenko cost: -6 million = 1.57 million left

roster is at 23 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

Seravalli quoted Gibson saying "I will not play another game for Anaheim" Gibson and Hellebuyck out there with not much of a market

I just saw this.  Pretty interesting.

I wonder what his market value really is.  He makes $6.4M for 4 more years and his numbers haven’t been very good the past couple years.  What do Ducks fans and the advanced numbers say?  Is it him or the defense?

7 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

How many 1st overall picks do we need on this roster? Personally, I wouldn't want him as to me he's a 3rd liner at best. 

His GAA and Save percentage are about the same to what Levi's were for us. 

With a MUCH larger sample size.  I hope Levi's numbers project over a full season but I won't be surprised if they don't in his first full season.

2 hours ago, Turbo44 said:

2. Is Gibson willing to waive to come to Buffalo? He wasn’t willing last year and last year he wouldn’t have been sharing the crease with Levi

He's got a 0.912 career Sv%.  I don't think he feels threatened by a goalie with a whole 7 games of experience.

The vibes the league is feeling about Buffalo are different this year.

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

From good ol’ Eklund:

”Sabres VERY Much in Hellebuyck Hearing they are the closest treat to getting a deal…bu a mile. ”

I cut and  pasted that directly. Those are his exact words😂

This could totally be misinformation by Kevyn to motivate Anaheim to negotiate a Gibson trade.

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

I’d offer Jokiharju, Olofsson and UPL for Gibson and Henrique

Yes, it would be an ideal trade for us to be honest.

44 minutes ago, Curt said:

I wonder what his market value really is.  He makes $6.4M for 4 more years and his numbers haven’t been very good the past couple years.  What do Ducks fans and the advanced numbers say?  Is it him or the defense?

I think it's the overall team in decline.  If he had an overall 0.899 Sv% in Buffalo like he did last year with the Ducks he'd be a winning goalie.  If Kevyn is in discussions I bet the issue is trying to get Anaheim to retain 25-50% on Gibson.

Edited by Doohickie

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Seravalli quoted Gibson saying "I will not play another game for Anaheim" Gibson and Hellebuyck out there with not much of a market

1 hour ago, Curt said:

Apparently Friedman refuted this report on 32 Thoughts Podcast Today 

I wonder if Kevyn “why would we be interested in a goalie who isn’t any better than the goalie we already have” Adams is interested in John Gibson any more?

We know he was a year ago. Things change.

Edited by dudacek

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wonder if Kevyn “why would we be interested in a goalie who isn’t any better than the goalie we already have” Adams is interested in John Gibson any more?

We know he was a year ago. Things change.

There is analytic evidence that shows Gibson’s Performance decreased as the season went on and there maybe with a reduced workload ie splitting games with Levi, those numbers may stay strong. 

The problem as Mike McKenna pointed out on Sabres Live OT a few months ago is that Gibson has refused up until this point to adapt to newer goalie equipment  or change his style at all, Mc Kenna lumped Quick into this as well. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Gibson played on a BAD team and still got 0.9   If we trade for a goalie he’s the one for me.  4 years and if he gets outplayed by Levi then so be it. He shouldn’t cost any prime asset

Ana set a modern nhl record allowing 39.1 shots per game. Of course Gibson wants out, I’m sure he said it and the agent has to refute it. Goalies needing a Gibson type are few and far between. I know one and there may only be one match. But Eklund says we’re by far the leader in Hellebuyck……

ANA’s D made last year made Buffalo’s look like the top of the league. Gibson is still very good, certainly better/safer than UPL. In saying that, I doubt KA has interest given his salary and attitude. Apparently, He wouldn’t waive last year to come to the Sabres and would be really be okay with splitting starts with Levi?

• dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.