Around the NHL 2023 Summer Edition

Brawndo

33 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You’re right, should just let it die. Next time please don’t contribute to it because two posters disagreed with you. 

I started another thread just to get it out of here.  You're the one who is reviving it.  Twice, now.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I started another thread just to get it out of here.  You're the one who is reviving it.  Twice, now.

I was calling out a thread that went off the rails. Not uncommon for someone to do that. 
Take ownership of your part in that happening just because you couldn’t handle two posters disagreeing with you.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Screw getting ON the plane, I'm getting IN the plane! I miss Carlin. I imagine you do too Taro.

"Near miss.... that means they f**king hit! Oh look it nearly missed".

Carlin was the greatest.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Quiet day so far. I'm surprised at the little movement thus past weekend and early today. I kind of figured some teams would be positioning for the draft by now.

NHL might be clamping down with the Awards Ceremony tonight. Could you imagine Vezina winner Ullmark and Norris winner Karlsson being moved this afternoon.😀 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thorny said:

Kinda interested to see where Dahlin falls in Norris voting. Hoping for 4th, but probably shouldn’t get my hopes up 

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I agree but we know the highest he can finish now is 4th 

• Haha (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

According to David Pagnotta, Nikita Zadorov, big Flames defensemen is available.

Hanifin, Zadorov, they're dumping their left handers. Wondering if Tanev or Weeger are available, 2 right handed d.

KA is smart enough to stay away. There’s a reason why Zadorov keeps getting traded to different teams and why he seems to be on the trading block every year.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

It was an absolute joke when I saw him at 8. 

Either they don't watch any Sabers hockey or they just hate us  

The awards are wonderful and all, but I'd much rather have a Stanley Cup.  Once they are serious contenders the acclaim will follow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Zamboni said:

KA is smart enough to stay away. There’s a reason why Zadorov keeps getting traded to different teams and why he seems to be on the trading block every year.

What is the reason?

Oilers may not re-sign Klim Kostin.

Big Russian (6’3” 215) fourth liner got 11 goals in 57 games last year. If the Sabres had a spot on the forward roster, I would take a chance on him.

I thought he played a decent fourth line role. He wants a raise while the Oilers want a minimum wage 4th line.

5 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Oilers may not re-sign Klim Kostin.

Big Russian (6’3” 215) fourth liner got 11 goals in 57 games last year. If the Sabres had a spot on the forward roster, I would take a chance on him.

I thought he played a decent fourth line role. He wants a raise while the Oilers want a minimum wage 4th line.

This is going to happen with some guys this offseason.  Teams declining qualifying offers on young plays who want a little raise.  Kostin, Comtois, Newhook got traded partly for this reason too.  There will be more.  Cap crunch.

• Like (+1) 1