Around the NHL 2023 Summer Edition

Brawndo

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Rumors are floating about Marcus Foligno getting a 3/4 year extension. That would be kinda insane seeing as he’d be 33 when he starts that contract

He'll be 36/37 at the end that contract, roughly the same age as Okposo at the end of this season.

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

If only we had someone to pumble him but we don't

Talk of the Leafs looking at Reaves in free agency too. So maybe we've got Lucic, Jeannot, Reaves, all in the same division ready to pummel each other and we will send...................Stillman? in to stand up to them? Can't wait for the "that guy should be banned from hockey" thread after one of them runs our goalie. 

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

islanders and Edmonton clearing cap space. Free agent plans to follow?

The Islanders have to because Lou has no one, and I mean no one, in development.  You can count on a 6-8 finish for the Isles in the whatever they call that division now.

20 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Rumors are floating about Marcus Foligno getting a 3/4 year extension. That would be kinda insane seeing as he’d be 33 when he starts that contract

20 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

So the rumors about him being cut are not true lol ..

Their fans must have underestimated how much their management values him.

5 hours ago, rickshaw said:

We need to get busy here. Our division rivals look poised to add Hanifan for example. We can’t sit back and watch others get better. 

Hopefully there are some big moves planned.

Quinn now being someone we need to cover for, for the first few months of the season does up the level of, not urgency, but...perhaps it reinforces the commitment to parting with the right asset in a hockey trade. We just used all 8 draft picks, we always make all our picks, nothing wrong with turning a bit of that overabundance into the now much more critical issue of the team's fortunes in the coming hockey season. A big step is expected so the next bit will be pretty interesting. 

I'm interested to see when/if the dam breaks on all this action that's supposed to happen league wide. It's fairly odd 

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Oh I know Hasek wanted out but geeze the Sabres did it to themselves.  Jim F-ing Slater?  Dahell?

Hasek didn’t just ask out.  I’m pretty sure he strong armed himself into going to Detroit only, and didn’t want Detroit to weakened the team in the deal.  Detroit knew it and took advantage.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I believe Atlanta

Yeah, just found it.  They traded the pick *and* Kozlov to the Thrashers for :

2002 2nd round pick (#31-Jeff Deslauriers)
2002 3rd round pick (#82-John Adams)

Never heard of either one of them either.