The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

4 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Actually seems like pretty level-headed analysis in the wake of a loss.  I saw very little wailing and gnashing of teeth.

They're talking about bringing back Lucic. The Blacklist Smile GIF by NBC

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Anybody who gets annoyed by ex Sabres doing well on another team, has pretty thin skin in my opinion. Unless they put down the team or put down the city or put down the fans after they left. Otherwise it doesn’t phase me, and probably most people if an ex-Sabre does well on another team. Maybe that’s just me though.

You can't tell me you aren't annoyed when Jack does well or ROR.

5 hours ago, French Collection said:

Panthers/Leafs tickets going on sale, Panthers restrict sale to US residents only.

Good for them to try and get Cat fans only.

Leafs fans will pay anything on the secondary market for tickets, so expect some Leaf blowers.

There are about a million Canadian snowbirds and expats in Florida.  I'd guess the arena will be over 50% Leafs fans.

52 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Dahlin Norris 

I think Promo is right.  Dahls, Power, Quinn and Granato won’t make top 3.

Dahlin probably has the only case to be there, but it is definitely arguable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think Promo is right.  Dahls, Power, Quinn and Granato won’t make top 3.

Dahlin probably has the only case to be there, but it is definitely arguable.

Screw promo 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not enough voters paid attention to the Sabres this year.

Screw the voters 

4 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Anybody who gets annoyed by ex Sabres doing well on another team, has pretty thin skin in my opinion. Unless they put down the team or put down the city or put down the fans after they left. Otherwise it doesn’t phase me, and probably most people if an ex-Sabre does well on another team. Maybe that’s just me though.

First time in my life I've wanted Bruins to win.  Was never a fan of that smug Reinhart.  Think of where he fits on the current Sabres team relative to moxy.  Slightly ahead of olofsson?  Glad we traded him, may he remain smug somewhere else.

Montour less hate but was a complete zero for us.  Loser.

Hall quit on us but I've come to respect Marchand. So push. Gross I know.

Ullmark seems like a great human, so neutral there too but actually he almost did us like Drury.  

So next up is the Rangers.  I hope they lose tonight because I hold an irrational grudge against Drury for screwing us.  Throw in P Kane as a bad human rep of Buffalo for good measure. Boo Rangers. 

Vegas we probably all agree on.

Thin skin? Ok.

5 hours ago, Zamboni said:

I have disdain for only one ex-Sabre so it doesn’t bother me in the least to see the others do well.  And it’s not about getting annoyed when he does well, it’s about the joy when he screws the pooch. That said, I fully understand he’s too talented, so these moments of joy when the villain messes up aren’t frequent enough.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.