The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

24 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Sam had a good series and a good game. Happy for him.

I was thinking the same thing.  He wasn't a great player for the Sabres but he got a bit better each year to the point where he was a good to very good player.  He bailed on us but he didn't demand a trade and put the team in a bad spot and I can't blame him for wanting something else after all the losing and dysfunction he endured for 6 freaking years.  Anyway, he was very effective in this series against a great team.  Good for him.

23 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Could be Bergeron’s last game

Yes, and Orlov and Bertuzzi are gone, as are the 1st-rounders the Bruins gave up for them.  They aren't dead yet but there is a storm coming.

16 minutes ago, ... said:

So satisfying. I've come to like the Panthers. 

I'll definitely be rooting for them vs the leafs.

9 minutes ago, Claude Balls said:

I can easily see Toronto going to the finals in the East. 

and I'd have them losing to Carolina if it weren't for the key Carolina injuries, hence the pathway for Toronto. 

11 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I dunno… you take down a team that was as dominant as Boston, they’ve got the eye of the tiger right now.

I think the defensive depth will kill them. A couple of them are banged up and I'm not sure how long they can keep it going. Hope they do, hate the Leafs, but I just don't see it. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm not livid. Disappointed but I don't get overly emotional about Bruins stuff. They are the B team. If Kraken lose tonight I got nobody to cheer for this year though. 

I will tell you what though. SABRES better get it together and become a playoff team next year cause I think the Bruins era is over. It's time. 

4 hours ago, Thorny said:

2019 but ya. 

I definitely think it’s high time for a rebuild, but I agree with you I don’t see it happening this summer. Cheveldayoff is on a lifetime contract as GM so I don’t think he feels much pressure in ever doing anything 

?

24 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Not deep though. I think they shot their bolt in this series and will burn out. They will give Toronto some problems in front of the net here and there but overall I doubt they can sustain this level.

Sadly, Toronto has a winnable pathway to the Stanley Cup. 

IDK, I feel Toronto could have beaten Boston based on how the Bruins have been looking more vulnerable.  OTH, Florida is healthier now, younger and have multiple guys who can match-up well against the Leafs.  All I know is that I am now rooting hard for the Panthers!

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I will tell you what though. SABRES better get it together and become a playoff team next year cause I think the Bruins era is over. It's time. 

If you're right about Boston, then I think the Sabres' timing couldn't be better.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can you imagine?  The two most self-important urban populations on the planet.

The ratings would be insane.

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I rarely watch the national broadcasts during the season, and when I do, I skip the pregame and intermissions. Who is the clown on the left with no tie on?

Paul "miss the net" Bissonette. As I said upthread, he is a total ass 🤡 and a major league Leafs homer. 

Edited by Claude Balls

9 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

IDK, I feel Toronto could have beaten Boston based on how the Bruins have been looking more vulnerable.  OTH, Florida is healthier now, younger and have multiple guys who can match-up well against the Leafs.  All I know is that I am now rooting hard for the Panthers!

Possible, definitely possible, but Leafs aren't as good in tight as Florida was and that's what really gave the Bruins the most trouble. Leafs don't have that kind of tenacity and Bruins could likely manage the puck better at the pace they are more comfortable with. 

Bruins might still have lost to Leafs though. Bergeron is apparently playing hurt and so was Krejci. Not just old. Bergeron supposedly has a herniated disc and really wasn't himself. 

27 minutes ago, nfreeman said:
53 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Sam had a good series and a good game. Happy for him.

I was thinking the same thing.  He wasn't a great player for the Sabres [?????]

• As a rookie he was third on the team in points behind ROR and Eich
  • In 2016-17:  3rd in points
  • 2017-18:  3rd
  • 2018-19:  2nd
  • 2019-20:  2nd
  • 2020-21:  1st

The only Sabres to score more points than Reino in his Sabres tenure in any given season were ROR and Eichel.  He wasn't "great"?  What's your definition of great?  He was a solid hockey player, rarely injured, very dependable.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.