The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

This is awesome.  Patrick Warburton is apparently a Devils fan, he was born in Patterson, NJ.  I remember the first time I saw him, waaaaaaay before Seinfeld, when he was an actor in ethics videos produced for the company I work for. 

Edited by Doohickie

1 hour ago, Leaf Blower said:

His analysis is fine.....but please, keep your limbs inside the vehicle. 

Stay seated. I'm a curmudgeon.

Ever since Don Cherry turned out to be a creep, hockey has needed someone who's a bit unconventional and unhinged.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

A bunch of teams made deadline moves that were supposed to put them over the top. Rangers added Tarasenko too.

Boston was already good and added Bertuzzi and Orlov. Florida didn’t add.

I don’t think Carolina added much. Same with Seattle. Dallas kept the same lineup.

Chemistry is more important than I might realize but tough to judge unless you are an insider.

Maybe KA is on the right track.

Yeah even Meier with NJ had zero points in this seven game series. It definitely is a crap shoot to add at the deadline. Definitely hasn’t helped some teams that it looked like it certainly would at the time. 

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

This is awesome.  Patrick Warburton is apparently a Devils fan, he was born in Patterson, NJ.  I remember the first time I saw him, waaaaaaay before Seinfeld, when he was an actor in ethics videos produced for the company I work for. 

I could have sworn that was after Seinfeld, but maybe that was just when I saw them.

11 hours ago, French Collection said:

A bunch of teams made deadline moves that were supposed to put them over the top. Rangers added Tarasenko too.

Boston was already good and added Bertuzzi and Orlov. Florida didn’t add.

I don’t think Carolina added much. Same with Seattle. Dallas kept the same lineup.

Chemistry is more important than I might realize but tough to judge unless you are an insider.

Maybe KA is on the right track.

Did you convieniently leave out Ryan O'Reilly and Luke Schenn to the Toronto Maple Leafs? Asking for a friend.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

19 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Worked out so far, I just wanted to point out that a big splash at the deadline is a big risk.

Yeah, definitely doesn't always work but just goes to show how bad of a team we had When O'reilly was traded to the Blues and wins them a cup and now on to Toronto where he's making a major impact.

Edited by GoPuckYourself

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

That is not happening in todays world.   

Entertainment sells.

12 hours ago, Billznut said:

Yeah even Meier with NJ had zero points in this seven game series. It definitely is a crap shoot to add at the deadline. Definitely hasn’t helped some teams that it looked like it certainly would at the time. 

Meier helped keep the ice tilted toward the NYR goal.  He definitely contributed.

4 hours ago, MattPie said:

I could have sworn that was after Seinfeld, but maybe that was just when I saw them.

Maybe all the way through.  That was probably his "day job" while he looked for better roles.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.