The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

Not been a fun day

Toronto wins

Vegas wins

Tampa needs to figure it out and kill the Leafs before their fans no longer have that great Achilles heel of having not won a series in a longer time than Buffalo.

Vegas I expected to likely win but it ticks me off seeing Eichel all happy when he tried to #### us.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Not been a fun day

Toronto wins

Vegas wins

Tampa needs to figure it out and kill the Leafs before their fans no longer have that great Achilles heel of having not won a series in a longer time than Buffalo.

Vegas I expected to likely win but it ticks me off seeing Eichel all happy when he tried to #### us.

Tampa are spent. 3 trips to the Finals and injuries have caught up to them.

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Not been a fun day

Toronto wins

Vegas wins

I'm pretty convinced at this point that the hockey gods would allow sabrespace to have more joy if they didn't celebrate victory after the first mile of a marathon literally every single time 

21 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'm pretty convinced at this point that the hockey gods would allow sabrespace to have more joy if they didn't celebrate victory after the first mile of a marathon literally every single time 

A good coach knows how to flatten out those highs and lows to keep his team focused on the big picture.

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Eddie spells it out nicely (obvi NSFW, it’s Eddie ***** Murphy)

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

Who should the forum hire as its coach? 

Obviously @PASabreFan

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I'll always celebrate any victory no matter how small 🙂

6 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

- Kraken don’t deserve a playoff team yet

"don't deserve" now that's an interesting way of looking at it, "deserve". 

I would say their management made a lot of good decisions and brought in some solid players. Some of those moves could have been made by the Sabres, who what? "deserve" to be in just, because?

Sabres fans definitely deserve better, but the Sabres? management and ownership deserve exactly what they've blundered into all these years. 

I know there are many ways to say it's not comparable, but last year's Kraken roster and the Sabres roster were even in many ways. They took a step up and they are not going away. Would the Sabres have made the playoffs if they were in their division? Maybe. Those things don't matter though. Playoff success does. Kraken are fun to watch. 

Makar should have gotten 2-3 imo, but I guess no history and a star so 1 game. Still weird to watch E-Rod getting big minutes. Colorado likely still beats the Kraken, but they do not look deep enough to get back to the final. Wouldn't be surprised if they went out to the winner of Dallas/Minnesota. 

59 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

"don't deserve" now that's an interesting way of looking at it, "deserve". 

I would say their management made a lot of good decisions and brought in some solid players. Some of those moves could have been made by the Sabres, who what? "deserve" to be in just, because?

Sabres fans definitely deserve better, but the Sabres? management and ownership deserve exactly what they've blundered into all these years. 

I know there are many ways to say it's not comparable, but last year's Kraken roster and the Sabres roster were even in many ways. They took a step up and they are not going away. Would the Sabres have made the playoffs if they were in their division? Maybe. Those things don't matter though. Playoff success does. Kraken are fun to watch. 

Makar should have gotten 2-3 imo, but I guess no history and a star so 1 game. Still weird to watch E-Rod getting big minutes. Colorado likely still beats the Kraken, but they do not look deep enough to get back to the final. Wouldn't be surprised if they went out to the winner of Dallas/Minnesota. 

The Avs look to be a shell of their team from last year, no Landenskog is hurting big time. 

The Jets are probably cooked without their 3 big names. 

Sadly the Leafs will finally advance as well, Boston is looking beatable too. 

Lastly, I wouldn't want to face Minnesota or Dallas, they may run out of gas, but they both look primed to come out of the west 

2 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Boston is looking beatable too. 

I know as a typical Sabres fan you want this to be true, and I get that, but what about them so far makes you say that? They are currently winning without either Bergeron or Krejci in the line up. Bertuzzi looks like he was made for the playoffs. Marchand is scoring again. DeBrusk is scoring. the big question mark going in was about Ullmark. Would he be a "playoff goalie" and so far the answer is a resounding yes. Made some incredible saves at key moments. I mean anything can happen to anyone and the refs can help the Leafs even more and there's always luck but I don't see a weakness right now. 

36 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I know as a typical Sabres fan you want this to be true, and I get that, but what about them so far makes you say that? They are currently winning without either Bergeron or Krejci in the line up. Bertuzzi looks like he was made for the playoffs. Marchand is scoring again. DeBrusk is scoring. the big question mark going in was about Ullmark. Would he be a "playoff goalie" and so far the answer is a resounding yes. Made some incredible saves at key moments. I mean anything can happen to anyone and the refs can help the Leafs even more and there's always luck but I don't see a weakness right now. 

I did pick then in my bracket to win it all, and they aren't bad. Idk what it is, maybe Florida is better than I thought, but they just don't seem as in sync as they did all season to my eyes. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.