The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

41 minutes ago, ... said:

Is it me or have there been an atypical number of OTs these playoffs so far?

More this year than the start of last year I think. Road teams all won so far today. 

30 minutes ago, Porous Five Hole said:

I would like to know how last night the ref lost sight of the puck and blew his whistle before the Panthers second goal, but the league thought the right thing to do was count the goal. 

However,  tonight for Tampa against Toronto and the same situation plays out, it is disallowed.  

I wondered that same thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

By the way Seattle, 1992 called. They want their Nirvana sounds and samples back.

That's part of the culture/identity. What do you want? Hendrix?

Seattle's had a crap PP all year and it's sinking them now. Pretty good effort for 2 periods but the big guns for Colorado are the big guns. 

and of course E-Rod 😉

23 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That looked like a pretty Clear high stick, the puck actually changed direction. 

I guess if they really couldn't see that, the call on the ice needs to stand, but there were enough angles that showed it. 

Yeh then it hit the other guy's back... meh touched opposing team's player

is there any worse leader than Matthews?  playimg the roll of Molly Maid, picking up sticks, while a scrum is going on after the hit on point

so happy to know that the Sabres leaders Dahlin, Thompson and Cozens would be right in the middle sticking up for their teammates 

When the playoffs come next season, the fight in those 3 will go a long way for them doing something that Matthews never has. … winning a playoff round 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Zamboni said:

By the way Seattle, 1992 called. They want their Nirvana sounds and samples back.

Cute.

Hey Buffalo, 1939 called. They want their Aram Khachaturian back. They'd also like to not have their music enter directly into the US public domain and collect royalties from Kubrick, Horner, and the Buffalo Sabres for years of use without royalties.

2 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

so happy to know that the Sabres leaders Dahlin, Thompson and Cozens would be right in the middle sticking up for their teammates 

Debatable. 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Islanders are the poster child for cheap, undisciplined play. 

Canes are simply too fast and too good for them. Their shutdown game falls apart with this type of pressure. Canes can be relentless at times. This series is basically over. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Maybe not physically enough for your 80/90's era desires but their hearts would be certainly in the right place.

Oh just stop with the 80s/90s nonsense. You watching the games right now? 2023. The amount of hitting in these games is far beyond anything these Sabres have ever had to face.  Their hearts might be in the right place but the team around them is far less than even what Toronto has so I doubt they'd be any different from Matthews (who did drop them with Stamkos after all). 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.