The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

This EDM/LA game, while exciting, is kinda boring. It's just hockey.

Is anyone else really excited to watch Boston/Florida tomorrow?

Two physical, intimidating teams that can also play?!

It's going to be a bloodbath, and I can't wait.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This EDM/LA game, while exciting, is kinda boring. It's just hockey.

Is anyone else really excited to watch Boston/Florida tomorrow?

Two physical, intimidating teams that can also play?!

It's going to be a bloodbath, and I can't wait.

I don't actually think it will be. They'll be too worried about penalties so it'll be the least physical game of the series. Probably still a lot of hacking and whacking in front though. The big question is Swayman or Ullmark, who does Montgomery go with. and of course then what happens. 

I really hope it's not Florida Leafs though. Just too many damn ex-Sabres doing well with Vegas, Edmonton and Toronto already. If this keeps up Murray will light up a cigar somewhere and say "see, I was right". 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

I don't actually think it will be. They'll be too worried about penalties so it'll be the least physical game of the series. Probably still a lot of hacking and whacking in front though. 

Totally disagree. I'm with @SwampD and think it'll be as violent a hockey game as we can expect to see these days. It's going to be the last game of the these playoffs that one might call bloodthirsty.

2 hours ago, sabrefanday1 said:

Makes one wonder why so many ex-Sabres are doing so well??? I liked most of them too but at the same time th eteam needed to be gutted as KA has done.

Better hope Boston wins cause I think TO will beat Florida out in 4 or 5 games...

TO Edmonton final? Looks like a real possibility

I’ll take Toronto winning 100 times out of 100 over any success for the Bruins 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Pimlach said:

You see all these hot women and all you post is a sideways picture of the back of the bench.  

Come on Claude. 

I didn't wanna look like a perv following hot young women around the War Metmorial taking their pics. My days of getting arrested are long gone, lol. 

22 hours ago, Pimlach said:

A TikTok link.  No way am I touching that. 

I hate Tik Tok myself. Kinda hate all of social media honestly. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Makes the most sense. I think if Swayman wins and looks good doing it then we may have seen the last of Ullmark in the playoffs. 

The Bruins better take this as signal about their overall team play as well.  Ullmark is not the only reason this series is 3-3. 

• Agree 1

On 4/29/2023 at 8:49 AM, dudacek said:

What happened to this team?

Its not a stretch to say that 6 years ago they were where we seem to be now: young, deep and positioned for a long window of contention.

I'll take a stab at some of their problems...

Had a good run in 2018 and then lost to the Blues on their way to the cup. The Jets didn't show up for that elimination game and that should have been an eye opener for management.

Over that summer they lost Buff, Trouba, Myers and Chiarot (4 of our top 6 D men) and Chevy replaced them with AHL players for two seasons wasting prime years of Scheif, Helle, Wheeler, KC, Ehlers, Morrissey, etc...

Also, not much is said about KC but he is absolutely horrible in his own end but he scores goals so most fans like him.

Nobody held them accountable when they didn't play D. You can't get away with not playing responsible D in the playoffs.

I have little problems with Bowness, he preaches D and tells it like it is but we were missing 3 of our top 6 and a top 5 league wide D man. We weren't getting by Vegas with all 4 of those players out.

Wheeler needs to be on the next bus out of town followed by PLD. If Scheif's give a ***** factor and play doesn't improve next season, I'd move him at the TD. Schmidt at 5.95m per season should also be moved...Heinola at 1m can replace him.

Unfortunately, I don't see a rebuild this summer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.