The Stanley Cup Playoffs 2023: First Round GDT

Eleven

51 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Go back and read this board when Montour was here. You all wanted to drive him to the airport. Let’s not pretend this was the way he was playing for Buffalo.

You people are obsessed with reading into comments for things that aren’t there and jumping in to white knight for the Sabres. “You all wanted”. Just stop already. No one needs to go back and read shite. My comment said exactly what it meant: dude is good and I wish he as still here. That’s it. It wasn’t a comment on Kevyn Adams doing something wrong

Edited by Thorny
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

You people are obsessed with reading into comments for things that aren’t there and jumping in to white knight for the Sabres. “You all wanted”. Just stop already. No one needs to go back and read shite. My comment said exactly what it meant: dude is good and I wish he as still here. That’s it. It wasn’t a comment on Kevyn Adams doing something wrong 

Maybe the comment want directed at you. 

And for the record not everyone was driving him to the airport 

On 4/11/2021 at 12:42 PM, Thorny said:

It's a good point. It really depends on who becomes his replacement going into next season - if it was so easy to acquire someone better, why didn't we get that guy instead of Montour in the first place? They'll have to be on their game just to make sure he's adequately replaced, and what we need and want is improvement. 

Regardless, you take the asset now if it's obvious he isn't going to be under contract with the team for next season. 

5 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Maybe the comment want directed at you. 

So not the only guy who mentioned wanting Montour? Sure

Edited by Thorny
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, Thorny said:

And for the record not everyone was driving him to the airport 

So not the only guy who mentioned wanting Montour? Sure

I was with you 2 years ago & I would still rather have Montour than ... Stiven Sardarian, whatever that is.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I was with you 2 years ago & I would still rather have Montour than ... Stiven Sardarian, whatever that is.

It’s sarDOrian. No “mister”, accent on the “O”. (I’d be completely shocked if someone got this reference.)

and I mean ya I agree with you but there’s really no “with me” on this b/c I’m not anywhere on it. It was honestly a completely innocuous comment akin to “he’s good” but literally every comment has to be analyzed inspected and thoroughly patted-down for potential Kevyn Adams slander. It’s so tiring 

Edited by Thorny

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

So you’re saying Adams f*cked up by losing him? Please, I’m trying to enjoy the game 

I have no clue wtf you are talking about? And ftr, I never said anything bad about Brandon when he was here. I have always been a fan of his.

They just made another very weak call against Montour. 

2 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Montour’s third minor, looked embellished to me. 

Last two penalties on Monty were dives. 

Edited by Claude Balls

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

So, if there was no high sticking penalty, how could it not be embellishment?

It wasn’t high sticking or roughing.  They ran into each other and Pastrnak went into a swan dive 

1 minute ago, Claude Balls said:

And if it was called a roughing penalty, why were they checking for blood?

No. Just high speed play.   

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

All Kevyn did was talk to him and he found out what he needed.  He wanted out. 

A large chunk of the team wanted out, especially those players whose contracts were running out. Jack, Reinhart, Hall, Montour, Risto, Ullmark and so on. When the franchise is stuck in the mud and failing it is inevitable that players will be disgruntled and seek greener pastures. Players are extremely competitive and want a chance to win. As you and others have smartly pointed out, the tank had a corrosive effect in that the timeline to get back into the competitive mix was going to take added time. The tank was bad enough. But that in itself wasn't what weighed this franchise down. It was how the franchise dealt in the aftermath of the tank. There was a constant churning of staff. A steady stream of bad decisions kept this franchise flailing and made it an unserious team far longer than it should have. Few players want to be in that type of losing environment.

To KA's credit, he stabilized the situation fairly quickly. He got the staffing right (firing Krueger and replacing him with DG) and he laid out a coherent plan that was followed. There was never going to be a quick fix. But the dysfunction within the organization extended the rebuild timeline. Now we are at a point where the expectations are high, and the future is bright. Buffalo might not be an enticing place for a lot of players, but it is likely that a lot more players than before will want to come here because they want to be part of a winning team. 

A lot of players who have moved on get criticized here. I'm not one of the critics because I don't blame the players for their desire to move on from this wreckage. The situation has dramatically changed for the good. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.