Sabres trade for Defenseman Riley Stillman in exchange for Josh Bloom

Brawndo

20 hours ago, dudacek said:

I dont agree.

Matt Savoie will be better, but he could easily play Tyson JOST’s role. Jiri Kulich has a game that can slot anywhere in the lineup. They’re dogs. Östlund is diligent and smart as they come. Prokhor Poltapov is Vaclav Varada. Tyson Kozak is a longshot, but if he makes it it will be as a textbook 4C. Olivier Nadeau is a beast in traffic.

And that is ignoring the fact that guys like Krebs, Quinn and Cozens are competitive diligent guys who will be available to PK and matchup as they mature.

Pretty much everything Bloom offers is still there.

I hope Granato is right that he can whisper this kid into being a positive contributor because I like him.

He's clearly a sharp, smart and self-aware 24-year-old hockey player.

"I'm coming to bring in sandpaper, some grit, to play hard and compete..."  

We already have our offensive defensemen. If this guy brings a competent level of play and the attributes he listed above a lot of people might forgive KA for not pulling the trigger on Chychryrymn.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ... said:

I hope Granato is right that he can whisper this kid into being a positive contributor because I like him.

We already have our offensive defensemen. If this guy brings a competent level of play and the attributes he listed above a lot of people might forgive KA for not pulling the trigger on Chychryrymn.

I'm thinking this kid is going to straight out truck and flatten anyone in a Bruins sweater!!!

I like him.....GO SABRES!!!

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ... said:

I don’t know if anybody is questioning whether he can be rough like sandpaper or strong like bull.

Rather, is he any good at hockey. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

On the bright side at least KA didn't give up a prospect and a 2nd to get him like Van did to pry him from Chicago on Oct 7th.  

That's a big brightside 

I'm not upset over the move 

Sandpaper is always welcomed especially when Peyton Krebs is considered your toughest guy 

On 2/28/2023 at 10:28 AM, Mustache of God said:

All the haters going to be singing a different tune when Stillman scores the OT winner in game 7 of the stanley cup finals. You heard it here first.

I remember saying something similar about Cody Eakin when we got him.  😄

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm thinking this kid is going to straight out truck and flatten anyone in a Bruins sweater!!!

I like him.....GO SABRES!!!

He can quickly become one of the most popular Sabres players ever if he goes out and pounds the crap out of Marchand.

• Awesome! (+1) 4

17 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

He can quickly become one of the most popular Sabres players ever if he goes out and pounds the crap out of Marchand.

If he pounds Marchand (& Lucic) into little pieces of Canadian Bacon, I’ll take back every bad thing I’ve written about him.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Claude Balls said:

I was thinking the exact same thing! 14 pages of angst quickly pivoting to a GoFundMe thread to erect a Stillman statue outside KBC.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I, for one, like the trade for Buffalo.   

They add much needed toughness and grit.

Now If he didn't get pumped every single tilt I'd like it even better 🙂

Yep. At least he's engaging enough to get pummeled (I believe that's what you meant) instead of harmless pushing and shoving and idle 'don't do that again or you'll have to answer to me' threats.

5 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

Playing tonight? ..

Always love those 1st game with those new toys they usually go balls to walls.

Oh man, that Bogo debut! Steve Bernier!

Also of note the trade tree now stands as:

Marcus Johansson --> Eric Staal --> 2021 MTL 3rd (Josh Bloom) + 2021 MTL 5th (Viljami Marjala) + D Riley Stillman

8 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

I was wrong. He looked better than Clague. May even be better than Jomiharju. System in Vancouver must’ve really messed with him. Time will tell. Was a good get regardless of any other moves. 

Things we said about Steve Berniers after 1 game...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.