Sabres trade for Defenseman Riley Stillman in exchange for Josh Bloom

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

For the single game sample size, he is what we need. Looked comfortable and was hard to play against. All that with no practices and not much knowledge of our defensive plan (Do we even have one?) We need one more of him please! 

Cannot judge him on one game.  Two things I saw are:  he doesn’t back don’t from physical contact,  and he does not skate all that well. 

13 minutes ago, Taro T said:

He will get the opportunity there at a minimum barring another trade being made.

He is the 5/6.  Unless he pushes Joker down to 5.  

Hoping he can get better as a player, he has been somewhat of a journeyman for a young guy.  

Just now, Pimlach said:

Hoping he can get better as a player, he has been somewhat of a journeyman for a young guy.  

Not convinced he's ahead of Lyubushkin when all are healthy if anonther D-man is brought in.  He may be, but it isn't a given.

Am convinced that he is ahead of Byrson and Clague right now.  Hopefully he doesn't play his way out of that situation.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Probably correct.   I do think DG and KA feel he has potential on the 3rd pairing.  

I meant will NOT become better, but I do agree that they think he can provide something different than Bryson and may be an upgrade there.

Edited by dudacek
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I meant will NOT become better, but I do agree that they think he can provide something different than Bryson and may be an upgrade there.

So you have his ceiling at a 6.  

That is what I saw in only 1 game.   I was expecting a better skater after hearing DG's comments.  Happy to see he brings some physical element.  

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So you have his ceiling at a 6.  

That is what I saw in only 1 game.   I was expecting a better skater after hearing DG's comments.  Happy to see he brings some physical element.  

I took DGs comments as referring to his aggressive style, not his skating.  He didn’t shy away from puck pursuit at all in game 1.

• Thanks (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pimlach said:

But do you spread out the player styles a bit?  I can't picture the two physical guys in Bush and Stillman being paired up.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

But do you spread out the player styles a bit?  I can't picture the two physical guys in Bush and Stillman being paired up.

That is up to Granato.  Whoever works best with Power is the 4 right now.  That should be Joker, but that will be up to Granato.  

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

He adds an element back there. Him and Boosh could be a solid, physical 3rd pair.

as a 6-7 he could be a nice piece here.

I think upgrading Joker on the 2nd pair   Is the biggest necessity to push the backend forward.

I’ve thought Joker slots better as a 3rd pair.

3 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

He adds an element back there. Him and Boosh could be a solid, physical 3rd pair.

as a 6-7 he could be a nice piece here.

I think upgrading Joker on the 2nd pair   Is the biggest necessity to push the backend forward.

The element of getting coldcocked? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SwampD said:

He started the fight. He shouldn’t have.

Well sure. Why he felt the need to fight is the issue. I'm not sure how much he was challenged in some way to fight because he had delivered a clean fight and how much he wanted to make an impression on fans and teammates and/or show how much he loves being here etc. Whatever the reason I find it incredibly sad that a brain injury resulted.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.