GDT: Sabres @ Sharks, Feb 18, 2023, 10:30pm, MSG πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

LGR4GM

• LGR4GM changed the title to GDT: Sabres @ Sharks, Feb 18, 2023, 10:30pm, MSG πŸ“Ί WGR πŸ“»

Will be watching…

Looking to witness good jump in the 1st… solid follow-through in the 2nd… and a soul-crushing finish in the 3rd… 

Time to start a serious playoff run

Β 

• Like (+1) 2

Maybe this should go under the 'complaint thursday' thread but since it deals with games like this I will put it here.

When ANY east coast team plays ANY west coast team on the weekend, it should be an afternoon game.Β  If the West coast teams want weekend night games they can have those against other division opponents/west coast opponents.Β  You should do whatever you can to minimize the number of times your 'eastern time zone fans' have a 10pm or later start to watch.

On the other hand, when a West coast team visits the eastern time zone, ALL of those games are night games.Β  None of your west coast fans should have a morning-local-time start to their road games on TV (I think the Sabres had an afternoon game they hosted a western team this year?Β  If the Sabres want afternoon games, make them against east coast teams).

I know the schedule is more complicated than some fans think, with Arena availabilty and such, but this isn't about changing the entire schedule, a lof of this could be altered to make it more fan-friendly for everyone.

Β 

• Agree 5

31 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Maybe this should go under the 'complaint thursday' thread but since it deals with games like this I will put it here.

When ANY east coast team plays ANY west coast team on the weekend, it should be an afternoon game.Β  If the West coast teams want weekend night games they can have those against other division opponents/west coast opponents.Β  You should do whatever you can to minimize the number of times your 'eastern time zone fans' have a 10pm or later start to watch.

On the other hand, when a West coast team visits the eastern time zone, ALL of those games are night games.Β  None of your west coast fans should have a morning-local-time start to their road games on TV (I think the Sabres had an afternoon game they hosted a western team this year?Β  If the Sabres want afternoon games, make them against east coast teams).

I know the schedule is more complicated than some fans think, with Arena availabilty and such, but this isn't about changing the entire schedule, a lof of this could be altered to make it more fan-friendly for everyone.

Β 

I was just thinking that exact same thing ☝️

25 minutes ago, Taro T said:

As expected.Β  Still would like to have seen how Comrie would've handled the sort of btb's.

IMO, UPL needs the minutes. He is immediate future. While I want good things for Comrie, he will be backing UPL next year. My guess over last 30 is UPL 20, Comrie & Andy 5 or so eachΒ 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm calling a big rivalry hockey game today just after 11am ET. Bedford (NH) vs Bishop Guertin. Listen here:Β http://209.95.50.189:8178/stream

Β 

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

I heard about ten or twelve seconds before serious buffering issues--but you sounded good.

Bedford upsets Bishop Guertin 2-1. Keeper Evan Johnston with the Ryan Miller shutout.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

IMO, UPL needs the minutes. He is immediate future. While I want good things for Comrie, he will be backing UPL next year. My guess over last 30 is UPL 20, Comrie & Andy 5 or so eachΒ 

Wtf should Anderson be getting anything but spot duty at this point?Β  Yes, he played incredible hockey in the 1st period of the Stars game.Β  But he has not been good other than that since the calendar turned to 2023 and he backstopped a couple of inexcusable losses in his 1-4-0 record.

They don't know much about what Comrie brings.Β  They need to know if they plan on using him as even the #2 next year.

And, again, expected and understand why they're going w/ UPL tonight.Β  Doesn't mean that they don't need to know what they have in Comrie, unless they've already decided to move on from him, which by their actions, statements, & philosophical views of how to treat players they've not done to date.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.