GDT: Sabres @ Sharks, Feb 18, 2023, 10:30pm, MSG 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same reason we don't play games at 10pm for them.

But we play 7pm games. They can watch or follow these games. I get the 10pm EST starts on a weekday. But, for weekend, I don’t see the big issue they can start at 3 or 4pm PT. It’s not like the arena is being used for something right before the game. 

24 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Wtf should Anderson be getting anything but spot duty at this point?  Yes, he played incredible hockey in the 1st period of the Stars game.  But he has not been good other than that since the calendar turned to 2023 and he backstopped a couple of inexcusable losses in his 1-4-0 record.

They don't know much about what Comrie brings.  They need to know if they plan on using him as even the #2 next year.

And, again, expected and understand why they're going w/ UPL tonight.  Doesn't mean that they don't need to know what they have in Comrie, unless they've already decided to move on from him, which by their actions, statements, & philosophical views of how to treat players they've not done to date.

I'm with you that the organization needs to know what they have in Comrie. Anderson very well knew that his status could be very tenuous when he signed for the extra year in what he expected to be the start of his retirement. Anderson is a mature and supportive teammate. He's like an added coach to the staff. But as you noted the staff needs to know what his status will be for next year. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he could even surpass UPL this season if he gets the required playing time to demonstrate what he is capable of. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wtf should Anderson be getting anything but spot duty at this point?  Yes, he played incredible hockey in the 1st period of the Stars game.  But he has not been good other than that since the calendar turned to 2023 and he backstopped a couple of inexcusable losses in his 1-4-0 record.

They don't know much about what Comrie brings.  They need to know if they plan on using him as even the #2 next year.

And, again, expected and understand why they're going w/ UPL tonight.  Doesn't mean that they don't need to know what they have in Comrie, unless they've already decided to move on from him, which by their actions, statements, & philosophical views of how to treat players they've not done to date.

Nft Matrix GIF by THEOTHERCOLORS

I am just being Sabres predictive @Taro T. I love your takes.  I predict you take the blue pill. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

But we play 7pm games. They can watch or follow these games. I get the 10pm EST starts on a weekday. But, for weekend, I don’t see the big issue they can start at 3 or 4pm PT. It’s not like the arena is being used for something right before the game. 

7pm games are 4pm out west. Imagine if half the Sabres games started when you were still at work?

Posted Wednesday at 07:49 PM

So let's have another break out game like they did against Columbus a few months back.

I've got 7-3 Sabres.

Thompson, Dahlin, Quinn, OP, Tuch, Mitts, and Jost with goals.

My prediction from Wednesday was right on.  Even got 4 of the 7 goal scorers.

Todays prediction:

Sabres win 5-3.

Olofsson, OP, Skinner, Tuch, and Dahlin with goals.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Same reason we don't play games at 10pm for them.

Because the NHL is a niche league without enough national TV contracts (see the current debacle with having to have 4 different streaming services to watch all your teams games), that they absolutely 1000% rely on local TV money to give them any hope of making money outside of a few select markets.  Yeah that’s what I thought. Garage league to its core. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

7pm games are 4pm out west. Imagine if half the Sabres games started when you were still at work?

Exactly. Hockey games in general. Which is why I pretty much watch them all in a delay or recorded mode and I have to stay off my phone not to spoil the outcome. Hence I'm always commenting on them past the time a lot of you have already gone to bed. 

This is another should win must win game. Can't leave these points behind if you want to have any playoff chance. Islanders lost today and Barzal had some sort of injury and left the game so there is hope, but you absolutely have to beat the tank teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, inkman said:

I’ve had enough beer and weed to kill a small child…perhaps even a medium sized one…let’s see how this goes.  

no idea why I’m italicized 

You don't look italicized to me.  Maybe you're just baked, man.

Just now, Porous Five Hole said:

Drunk Spring Break GIF by The Lonely Island

I'm already drinking beer but I'll do a shot for every Sabres goal.  Who's with me?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.