Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

The ball was caught forward from where the pass was initiated.  I know that is not the final determination,  but it is all a human person can reliably tell in real time.  The call on the field that was made in real time was wrong.  All the fancy camera angles and concocted theories on the angle of  arm, the trajectory, the release point , etc could not have been seen by any officials in real time.  Even during the review, none of those guys could figure it out or dared to overturn it, so the call on the field stands.  

The play counted because the refs on the field let it go, because they didn’t know.  Afterwards there was much analysis, much of it indicates it’s a forward pass.  

I don’t have Bills colored glasses.   The Bills deserved to lose. They didn’t cover a simple kick.  

There's a great replay right down the yard line. You could answer the question I posed and prove your point.

I really don't want to do this. It was a painful moment and probably the beginning of the end for me as a fan, though it was a long goodbye. It was certainly the last time I was in physical pain after a loss.

I suspect what's happening here is just a fun suspension of reality, root root root for home team and kill the ump, to mix my references up.

IMHO message boards like this are places to tell the truth as much as we can discern it. I certainly (usually) take my Buffalo cap off before posting.

1 hour ago, carpandean said:

ToneyOffsides.thumb.jpg.7f6e010e71ff0f542ae909f9f847456a.jpg

I'm trying to decide which is more likely what Toney was thinking:

"Hey Creed, what are you doing back here with the receivers?"

or

"Uhm, Von, do you mind?  You're blocking my view of the ball!"

A thought I had is maybe Toney lined up on the ball as it was spotted by the ref (the blue line) and then when the center set up maybe the center moved the ball back? At which point everyone else lined up? I dunno, trying to give Toney some benefit of the doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Lanny said:

A thought I had is maybe Toney lined up on the ball as it was spotted by the ref (the blue line) and then when the center set up maybe the center moved the ball back? At which point everyone else lined up? I dunno, trying to give Toney some benefit of the doubt. 

The blue line is where the front tip of the ball is but the entire ball is the neutral zone. He is inside and staring at the ball. Dude literally has to take a step back and he should know that by staring at the ball. Not a single other chief is within a yard of him on that line. It was the correct call. 

36 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

There's a great replay right down the yard line. You could answer the question I posed and prove your point.

I really don't want to do this. It was a painful moment and probably the beginning of the end for me as a fan, though it was a long goodbye. It was certainly the last time I was in physical pain after a loss.

I suspect what's happening here is just a fun suspension of reality, root root root for home team and kill the ump, to mix my references up.

IMHO message boards like this are places to tell the truth as much as we can discern it. I certainly (usually) take my Buffalo cap off before posting.

I am not going there. We deserved to lose, and it is long over.  

All I did was mention the death of Wycheck and the irony of another Bills game that has a controversial play with a lateral included.  Of course this time there was no controversy unless you are KC and feel that the rules of the game go not apply to you.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Add that Frank Wycheck died on Sunday.  He was the guy who threw the famous (infamous to Buffalo) Home Run Throwback lateral on the kickoff of the Bills v Titans game.  Many reviews and replays have been analyzed of this play, which looks like a forward lateral and illegal.  

That cannot be a coincidence.  
Loop Space GIF by xponentialdesign

5 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I am not going there. We deserved to lose, and it is long over.  

All I did was mention the death of Wycheck and the irony of another Bills game that has a controversial play with a lateral included.  Of course this time there was no controversy unless you are KC and feel that the rules of the game go not apply to you.  

We can agree on that. Mahomes was disgraceful. Will be interesting to see if he dials anything back today.

Just now, PASabreFan said:

We can agree on that. Mahomes was disgraceful. Will be interesting to see if he dials anything back today.

He should be fined and told to shut up.   That game was not about the refs until he made it that way.

The Bills got screwed in Philadelphia and they never publicly complained about it.   Lots of people in the news commented on the one sided officiating and the fortunate calls/non-calls in Philly's favor.   

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-s-victory-speech-following-bills-thrilling-week-14-win-over-kansa

McDermott post game speech to team, followed by Beane.   

A Terry Pegula sighting in the locker room.  I wonder if he took his Lear Jet from KC to Buffalo to catch the Sabres tonight?  

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-s-victory-speech-following-bills-thrilling-week-14-win-over-kansa

McDermott post game speech to team, followed by Beane.   

A Terry Pegula sighting in the locker room.  I wonder if he took his Lear Jet from KC to Buffalo to catch the Sabres tonight?  

Did he reference Isis or the IRA?

• Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

What's baffling to me is when Kelce grabs the defender, throws him to the ground, a flag is thrown because it was a penalty, and then they pick the flag up and say there is no penalty.

Maybe even more baffling to me is that we didn't get to see Taylor Swift when they lost.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, inkman said:

Lest we not forget, McDermott almost Bills’d away another game.  Sure there was time on the clock after the called back tuddy but was anyone feeling good about the Bills chances at that point? 

Given how many times Allen and the offense have left the field with the lead in the final two minutes only to see the defense wilt and give it up, I never feel comfortable. Bills fans are like Pavlov’s dog in that regard. 

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, inkman said:

Lest we not forget, McDermott almost Bills’d away another game.  Sure there was time on the clock after the called back tuddy but was anyone feeling good about the Bills chances at that point? 

When we threw an incomplete pass right before the 2 min warning I started to cringe.  

After the offsides call I was surprised we stopped them on 3 straight plays.  But we did and we won fair and square. 

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Now that I'm waxing somehow nostalgic, yes, kids, this is what the glory days looked like at Rich.

image.thumb.png.526e72ca0a49fb1c9bf0c803137dac8e.png

Those guys were maniacs - basically playing on a parking lot with a thin layer of fabric laid on top.

2 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

And Genny Light......screamers

Just the light beer advertised there, I think.

Screamers are the cream ale. Yowza.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, inkman said:

Thank you.  I thought I was alone here in not forgetting what almost happened.  
The one thing the D couldn't do was give up a TD and he sends 6 guys after Mahomes, basically leaving Kelse one on one.   BUT luck was on our side for once.  

3 hours ago, Lanny said:

Sideline ref said Toney never checked with him or he would have moved him back. Reid said that was Toneys' fault and the call was correct. Sorry Mahomes. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Those guys were maniacs - basically playing on a parking lot with a thin layer of fabric laid on top.

Just the light beer advertised there, I think.

Screamers are the cream ale. Yowza.

Went into our local package store a couple months ago and saw a stack of 30-can cartons of Genny Cream Ale (yes, 'Screamers'). Seeing that in MA is like seeing a polar bear in Florida. Bought a carton on general principle.

• Awesome! (+1) 1