Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

Brawndo

23 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They won a game they almost lost because of technical penalty on a go ahead TD after blowing a 14-0 lead and scoring a whopping 3 points in the 2nd half. If this is peaking then we should call Chestnut Ridge, Mt Everest. 

You basically described almost half the NFL games every week. 

Penalties deciding the outcome, lead changes, comebacks -  happens all the time.  

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Penalties deciding the outcome, lead changes, comebacks -  happens all the time.  

That penalty did not decide the outcome of the game. 

Also what a lame excuse for the Bills this season. "Happens all the time" ... yes all the time to McDermott coached teams. 

You wanna keep rolling with a head coach that needs a technical penalty each week to win games while other weeks he gives up game winning drives to Mac Jones, be my guest. 

• dislike 1

It’s Wednesday and we are still debating a flagrant and obvious penalty.   

Shows the power of NFL branding, the media, and people like Mahommes.  The sense of fair play does not exists, rules gets questioned, all because a guy you are supposed like is “uncharacteristically upset”.    Monday on CBS Morning Show, one of them said they should not call penalties in the final 2 minutes.  Just let them play.   Stupid comment, one if many.   But they all nodded in agreement.   

What’s getting lost is the Mighty Mahommes has 3 more plays to get the 10-15 yards which puts them in FG range.  Plus they had time and a timeout, to get a score.  The Chiefs lost their composure, especially their QB, then they went to the blame game.  

That game was not about the officiating, until Mahommes said it was.  

• Like (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Also what a lame excuse for the Bills this season. "Happens all the time" ... yes all the time to McDermott coached teams. 

You wanna keep rolling with a head coach that needs a technical penalty each week to win games while other weeks he gives up game winning drives to Mac Jones, be my guest. 

You first said “they won the game because of a technical penalty on the go ahead TD ….” You are the one implying that the penalty decided the game, not me.  Now you are changing the story, probably because you see your initial take was a bad one.  

All I am saying is the circumstances you described happen every week in the NFL.  I was in not making an excuse for the Bills season, I was talking about the league.  NFL games are very competitive and many games each week come down to a few plays, often to penalties, or non calls, and big lead changes are not uncommon. You sound like a guy that doesn’t watch football.  

I never once mentioned  McDermott in any of this.  You are bringing the coach into it?  You need to re-read, comprehend, and be less defensive.  

You want McDermott fired.  That is another conversation.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • dislike 1

35 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You first said “they won the game because of a technical penalty on the go ahead TD ….” You are the one implying that the penalty decided the game, not me.  Now you are changing the story, probably because you see your initial take was a bad one.  

All I am saying is the circumstances you described happen every week in the NFL.  I was in not making an excuse for the Bills season, I was talking about the league.  NFL games are very competitive and many games each week come down to a few plays, often to penalties, or non calls, and big lead changes are not uncommon. You sound like a guy that doesn’t watch football.  

I never once mentioned  McDermott in any of this.  You are bringing the coach into it?  You need to re-read, comprehend, and be less defensive.  

Condescending

Your take is a terrible one. "Well it happens in the NFL other times so oh well" is what it amounts to. Teams trying to win the superbowl don't have to rely on luck after they yet again botched end game clock management and gave their opponents multiple opportunities to win a game that should have been out of reach in the 3rd qrtr. This pattern repeats over and over and over with the Bills and has for years.

To the 2nd bolded. What an ***** comment. 

• dislike 1

43 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Actually go read what I wrote originally.

Here let me show you "They won a game they almost lost because of technical penalty on a go ahead TD after blowing a 14-0 lead and scoring a whopping 3 points in the 2nd half." First part is the penalty and the 2nd part is the fact Buffalo blew a 14-0 lead (again). See, it doesn't say "They lost because of the penalty" it says they almost lost because A the penalty and B the blown lead. I didn't change my story at all, you just came in and ***** all over me to because sometimes that is what Sabrespace is about. 

Here I will expand because I clearly didn't provide enough context with "blowing a 14-0 lead". 

The Buffalo Bills would have lost the KC game because of the following: 

Failure to adjust at halftime on either side of the Ball

Failure to hold the Chiefs out of the endzone at the end of the 2nd half

Failure to score basically AT ALL in the 2nd half due to their offense magically and suddenly reverting to a much more conservative one for a quarter and then suddenly trying to score again in the fourth. It was honestly strange to watch. 

Failure to manage the clock when they had the ball just outside the red zone with 2:18 left to play

Failure to stop Mahomes on the ensuing drive in which they went something like 40yards in 3 plays

Completely failing on a play that resulted in a TD only to get lucky that a WR was honestly stupid. 

So no, I didn't change my story, I just used "blowing a 14-0 lead" to summarize most of the above but you clinged onto the penalty which impacted the outcome of the game but certainly did not cause it as you very rightly note. The Chiefs lost their composure and imploded instead of trying to get about 10yrds to kick a field goal in their next 2-3 plays. 

Bills Mafia (🙄) gets super cringy when it comes to stuff like the Offensive offsides call.  It tells me exactly who I need to ignore or better yet block on social media. 

I don’t understand how Bills fans can start gloating about crap like this.  The Bills have blown half their games this season in equally disappointing fashion.  Did everyone forget?  All the smoke the fans blow because of other teams failures will only come back at you 10 fold.  What are we even doing here.  

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Also what a lame excuse for the Bills this season. "Happens all the time" ... 

It’s Wednesday and we are still debating a flagrant and obvious penalty.   

58 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

You first said “they won the game because of a technical penalty on the go ahead TD ….”

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Condescending

Your take is a terrible one.

8 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So no, I didn't change my story, I just used "blowing a 14-0 lead" to summarize most of the above but you clinged onto the penalty

now-kith-mike-tyson.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

Yes, penalties happen all game long.  Good calls and Bad.  Penalties called early affect the end of the game, it's not just the ones at the end.  

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

Yes, penalties happen all game long.  Good calls and Bad.  Penalties called early affect the end of the game, it's not just the ones at the end.  

^This. I’m sure this will meet with overwhelming disagreement, but a game has never been decided by a single play. Ever. Single scores, yes, but never single plays. We tend to ignore that because the vast majority of games aren’t decided until late in the 4th quarter. But there were 60 other plays by each team that occurred before then to reach that point. 

Ironically, I has this discussion last year after we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead. People point to the TD pass to Knox that put us ahead as winning the game for us, but Elam’s interception in the endzone long before that in the first half was every bit as important to the outcome. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Condescending

Your take is a terrible one. "Well it happens in the NFL other times so oh well" is what it amounts to. Teams trying to win the superbowl don't have to rely on luck after they yet again botched end game clock management and gave their opponents multiple opportunities to win a game that should have been out of reach in the 3rd qrtr. This pattern repeats over and over and over with the Bills and has for years.

To the 2nd bolded. What an ***** comment. 

Ugh. 

You just added the words "Well" and  "oh well",  which actually changes the context of what I wrote.   So you really do not comprehend my initial statement.    Further, you keep adding layers to this, such as McDermott's game management, or what a championship team looks like - none of which I was even addressing.  

You missed the boat, and your desire to be correct is tiring.  I hope I clarified it at some point, if not, so be it. 

For the record:  I agreed with you on McDermott botching the clock management several pages back.  This debate has nothing to do with that, my comment was a broader statement about games in the NFL.    

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

70 and 63 points being put up in the same season is wild.

Anyone even remotely surprised that with that happening it was 2 teams in KC's division that were the recipients of those beat downs?  (A close 2nd guess would've been AFC or NFC South teams taking that.)

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

70 and 63 points being put up in the same season is wild.

What's even wilder is the 1950 Rams scored 70 and 65 points back to back in the same season.

Also wild: the Raiders' 63 points is actually only the second most points scored following a shutout in NFL history. The 1934 Eagles were shut out 0-10 (Det), 0-6 (@BOS), and 0-17 (@NYG) in the three games prior to beating the Cincinnati Reds 64-0.

1 hour ago, JujuFish said:

What's even wilder is the 1950 Rams scored 70 and 65 points back to back in the same season.

Also wild: the Raiders' 63 points is actually only the second most points scored following a shutout in NFL history. The 1934 Eagles were shut out 0-10 (Det), 0-6 (@BOS), and 0-17 (@NYG) in the three games prior to beating the Cincinnati Reds 64-0.

One would expect a pro football team to beat a pro baseball team in the game of football. I’d bet the Reds would have killed the Eagles in a baseball game as well. 

Dan and Rob were obviously told to talk up the Sabres team meetings and hard work in practice.  They are also emphasizing every shot.  

Orders from above no doubt. 

They also mentioned Dahlin’s leadership in the meetings, but what does this have to do with the Bills?

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

They also mentioned Dahlin’s leadership in the meetings, but what does this have to do with the Bills?

This is where Dodo always took Punch's hat off, put it on the bed post, kissed his head and told him he needed to get some sleep.