Rooting interests this week

PromoTheRobot

While we wait for the Sabres to resume, we can follow these games this week and root for these outcomes. :

MON 2/6
PHI over NYI
TBY over FLA
CGY over NYR

TUE 2/7
COL over PIT
EDM over DET
SEA over NYI

WED 2/8
VAN over NYR

THU 2/9
COL over TBY
SJS over FLA
CGY over DET
VAN over NYI

FRI 2/10
SEA over NYR
ANA over PIT

SAT 2/11
VAN over DET
BUF over CGY
EDM over OTT
MTL over NYI
BOS over WAS
COL over FLA
CAR over NYR
LAK over PIT

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Doesn't every team get a "bye week" now?  The Sabres' happens to be adjacent to the all star break... Is that it?

I really don't know. That's why I'm asking. This is the first I'm hearing about a bye week.

Not sure how I missed that.

25 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Doesn't every team get a "bye week" now?  The Sabres' happens to be adjacent to the all star break... Is that it?

19 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I really don't know. That's why I'm asking. This is the first I'm hearing about a bye week.

Yes.  It is in the most recent CBA; there is a five day break for all teams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Every team had their bye week connected to the All Star break this year.

Half had it prior, half had it after

kind of defeats the purpose of a bye week for half the teams to have it overlap w/ the break. a bye week is  great if you're injured... but for the other 90% just battling general fatigue, anything after 5 or 6 days off is excessive. what a disadvantage to half these teams including us

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

kind of defeats the purpose of a bye week for half the teams to have it overlap w/ the break. a bye week is  great if you're injured... but for the other 90% just battling general fatigue, anything after 5 or 6 days off is excessive. what a disadvantage to half these teams including us

The Sabres, save for Dahlin, have 9 days off.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Bye week was implemented in the 2016/2017 season. It was a concession by the league to the NHLPA in exchange for the players agreeing to a 3 on 3 format for the All Star game. 

8 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Should we start rooting for our opponents because rooting against them seems to not be working all too well

Yeah, it’s all western teams messing this up so far.

Like others are saying, just win. If they win a few in a row, the other teams will feel the heat.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.