Jump to content

GDT: Sabres vs (Fish Stick) Islanders, 1/19/23, 7pm, ESPN+ and MSG. Ryan Miller ceremony 6pm


PromoTheRobot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Absolute must-win for playoff hopes. 3 games against the Isles and need to take 2-of-3 without the third going to OT to make up ground, otherwise the games in hand become meaningless. Same with PIT, WSH, and FLA. The team has risen up for every big/event game since the outdoor game. Let's hope it continues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Absolute must-win for playoff hopes. 3 games against the Isles and need to take 2-of-3 without the third going to OT to make up ground, otherwise the games in hand become meaningless. Same with PIT, WSH, and FLA. The team has risen up for every big/event game since the outdoor game. Let's hope it continues.

I think you mean 3-of-3, really.

  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MattPie said:

I think you mean 3-of-3, really.

Ideally, yes. But I kept it at 2-1 because the Sabres would still mathematically be within striking distance of the Isles with the 3 games in hand if they won all of those games in hand. The Sabres already need help from someone (say PIT since they're already flagging) faltering down the stretch. And of the 6 remaining games amongst their chief competition for the final wild card, they must go 4-2 or better and really cannot even afford to go to OT in any of those wins (vs 3NYI, 2WSH, 0PIT, FLA1).

Now... if a goalie gets hot and the top line reignites and the defense/PK tighten up and the Sabres go on a 15-3-2 bender in their next 20 games (December on repeat)... well then, they're right back in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I wonder what'll happen tonight if an islander runs our goalie? 

Sabres will be criticized for the response, no matter what it is.

It was a decade ago people, and has nothing to do with the success or lack thereof of the current team, no matter how much you want it to.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Miller was a good goalie but I personally don't really think he deserves a retired number. 

I wonder what'll happen tonight if an islander runs our goalie? 

If Lucic’s hit occurred today it would depend who was on the ice. Guys like Tuch or Jost would go after Lucic to fight. Dahlin, Muel, Bush and guys akin to that would certainly legitimately scrum. Not just bear hug him, like Gaustad did. Mitts and Krebs would depend on the day if their feistiness was enough at that point to mix it up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, OverPowerYou said:

What In the world are they going to do from 6pm-7:30?

The ceremony, then warm ups and then the game. My guess is that after RJ night went over it’s time that the NHL wasn’t exactly happy with the idea of having another situation akin to that arise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If Lucic’s hit occurred today it would depend who was on the ice. Guys like Tuch or Jost would go after Lucic to fight. Dahlin, Muel, Bush and guys akin to that would certainly legitimately scrum. Not just bear hug him, like Gaustad did. Mitts and Krebs would depend on the day if their feistiness was enough at that point to mix it up.  

Cozens would absolutely go ballistic and tee off. He might get his ass kicked in the process, but that’s beside the point. I loved how he took absolutely no crap from Tkachuk the other day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Sabres will be criticized for the response, no matter what it is.

It was a decade ago people, and has nothing to do with the success or lack thereof of the current team, no matter how much you want it to.

I'm really just looking at the dark black comedy, perhaps irony, of how that would go on Miller night. Are the hockey gods jokesters? 🙂

19 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

If Lucic’s hit occurred today it would depend who was on the ice. Guys like Tuch or Jost would go after Lucic to fight. Dahlin, Muel, Bush and guys akin to that would certainly legitimately scrum. Not just bear hug him, like Gaustad did. Mitts and Krebs would depend on the day if their feistiness was enough at that point to mix it up.  

To some extent you're right, but I'm not sure there's anybody on the roster who would actually do much of anything other than a little push and shove. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, French Collection said:

Do it for the fans that are there to celebrate Millsie!

Just do it!

This is a must win game for the fans and to get back on the rails. Show us you care, there have been too many blah games recently.

Let’s go Buffalo!

Ryan Miller shutout in his honor.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...