Are the Sabres out of the running for the playoffs?

inkman

Are the Sabres out of the playoff race?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Sabres out of the playoff race

• Yes
    • No

23 hours ago, Two or less said:

lol some of you guys really react poorly to losses. They won't be picking top 10, relax.

My uncle texts me after every big loss something along the lines of “I can’t believe you think this team is moving in the right direction, could make the playoffs, etc.”

My personal favorite is “this team would get destroyed by the 99 team” because the Sabres are likely a Stanley cup favorite with prime Hasek between  the pipes playing 60-70 games per year. 

Similarly to this it drives me nuts. And he has nothing to add to the conversation. I don’t need it to even be positive. But just add something…anything…other than basically “haha, we suck and you’re a loser”

19 hours ago, NJhopelessSabresfan66 said:

I believe this will be cemented after where we are next weekend. We We need to show we can hang with them. If not, then there is always next year.... and the year after that, and the year after that....LOL 

You are team stormclouds captain. 

7 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

You are team stormclouds captain. 

I only see what i see.... I am 56... too old for fantasies. If folks what to "Believe" in fairy tales thats their choice. But there is going to be a loss tonight and tomorrow. We are just not as good as Tampa and Florida. We were not as good as Calgary, Toronto and the Lames. If you think they are, thats your opinion, but in real life, they are what i said they are. But like you, it is only my opinion.

• Haha (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

I only see what i see.... I am 56... too old for fantasies. If folks what to "Believe" in fairy tales thats their choice. But there is going to be a loss tonight and tomorrow. We are just not as good as Tampa and Florida. We were not as good as Calgary, Toronto and the Lames. If you think they are, thats your opinion, but in real life, they are what i said they are. But like you, it is only my opinion.

You were incorrect.

image.png.3f96612577023dcb8bd492c52f5fc992.png

Edited by Cheektorado

8 hours ago, Stormcloudmember66 said:

Loop Trump GIF

Edited by pi2000
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

Huge win 

Main worry is that even if the Sabres finish strong, they could miss the playoffs because a team ahead of them had more OT losses. That would really stink 

That is a rule that needs to be changed. I've seen way too many instances where a team with more wins misses the playoff because a team lost more in overtime. Ridiculous 

Florida, the year they won the division with Campbell, had 37 wins. THIRTY SEVEN. Unacceptable 

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

Going against board protocol, I'm not judging the post, I'm judging you. Using this meme as much as you do,… you are a douche.

And I agree with a lot of what you post.

Invoking that douchenozzle does call for an immediate judge of the invoker. You are warranted.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Going against board protocol, I'm not judging the post, I'm judging you. Using this meme as much as you do,… you are a douche.

And I agree with a lot of what you post.

Haha I'm not a supporter of his, tbh I can't stand the guy... but the gif just fits perfectly sometimes.  IT'S A JOKE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Are the Sabres good again ??

Where have all the panicers gone ??

It's a long season.  The Sabres will be fine.  At this point I don't mind if they don't make the playoff.  It would be fantastic if they did.  The most important thing that I wanted to see this season was that they come together as a team, grow together and that they entertain the fans.  They have accomplished all that, IMO.  Sure, there have been ups and downs, but overall this Sabres team is coming together.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Are the Sabres good again ??

Where have all the panicers gone ??

It's a long season.  The Sabres will be fine.  At this point I don't mind if they don't make the playoff.  It would be fantastic if they did.  The most important thing that I wanted to see this season was that they come together as a team, grow together and that they entertain the fans.  They have accomplished all that, IMO.  Sure, there have been ups and downs, but overall this Sabres team is coming together.

They definitely have me entertained.

I really want them to improve their play at home to get the fans in and energized. Get the KBC rocking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Pittsburgh.  Their run is over and they know it.

You laugh, @Taro T, but it's true.  On other social media their fans are realizing the end is near and some of them are freaking out.  If Syndey is tradeable I move him now while he still has significant value and kickstart my rebuild.  I'd take him over Kane.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

You laugh, @Taro T, but it's true.  On other social media their fans are realizing the end is near and some of them are freaking out.  If Syndey is tradeable I move him now while he still has significant value and kickstart my rebuild.  I'd take him over Kane.

It may be true.  (Hopefully it is.)

But, guarantee you, should the Sabres lose tomorrow, or God forbid Tuesday, and those panickers will be back in full flock right here.

Moneypuck projects the Sabres playoff chances are 47% and their points projection is 91.  

538 also projects 91 points with a 43% chance of making the playoffs. 

Something called Power Rankings Guru also predicts 91 points for the Sabres. 

So is 91 points going to be enough??

If yes, all Buffalo needs to do is finish something like 13-12-1 (or 12-10-3). 

1 hour ago, Porous Five Hole said:

Moneypuck projects the Sabres playoff chances are 47% and their points projection is 91.  

538 also projects 91 points with a 43% chance of making the playoffs. 

Something called Power Rankings Guru also predicts 91 points for the Sabres. 

So is 91 points going to be enough??

If yes, all Buffalo needs to do is finish something like 13-12-1 (or 12-10-3). 

It's not enough but they will do far better than 13-12-1 down the stretch.

2 hours ago, Taro T said:

It may be true.  (Hopefully it is.)

But, guarantee you, should the Sabres lose tomorrow, or God forbid Tuesday, and those panickers will be back in full flock right here.

These "Panickers" you refer to were in a state of despair after the Toronto game. They wanted to tear the team and organization to shreds and start over. Check-out the posts after that game! After this successful two game Florida trip many of these same Casandras are now in a state of ecstasy extolling the virtue of the team and its staff. It's so silly. There is still a lot of games left where there will be a number of additional successes to enjoy and failures to lament. The pendulum is swinging back and forth at a furious pace. This playoff scenario is going down to the end of the season. You got no choice but to ride the wave and see where it takes you. No one knows for sure what the outcome will be. That's why this season has been so enjoyable. 

5 minutes ago, JohnC said:

These "Panickers" you refer to were in a state of despair after the Toronto game. They wanted to tear the team and organization to shreds and start over. Check-out the posts after that game! After this successful two game Florida trip many of these same Casandras are now in a state of ecstasy extolling the virtue of the team and its staff. It's so silly. There is still a lot of games left where there will be a number of additional successes to enjoy and failures to lament. The pendulum is swinging back and forth at a furious pace. This playoff scenario is going down to the end of the season. You got no choice but to ride the wave and see where it takes you. No one knows for sure what the outcome will be. That's why this season has been so enjoyable. 

And called that in GA's thread about this 4 game stretch being THE defining point of the season.  (It is, in that it's the current games to be played, which are always defining in a way; but it isn't because they're still showing us the same things they've shown us all year.  And that's tangential to this discussion anyhow.)  The bipolarity of this board that we'll experience these last 25 games is going to be worth the price of admission.

But the thought that the "panickers" (and really don't like that description of the people hopping off the bandwagon, however briefly) moved to Pittsburgh was the reason for the emoji @doohickie took exception to.  They're all still here, and with a loss to Caps, or even worse, the BJ's and they'll all be overly consternated again.

And agree wholeheartedly with your final sentiment.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.