GDT: Canadiens @ Sabres, 7pm 10/27/22, msg wgr

LGR4GM

Buffalo returns home after a good road trip with 2 key injuries on defense to play a suddenly surging Montreal team that everyone thought would be trying to race Arizona to the Bedard. Good news is Montreal has lost 2 straight after their fast start but Buffalo can't pull a walk through and expect to win. 

Slafkovsky is the big 1st overall pick for Montreal who I think is injured but might be back? 

Buffalo will need to find their legs after a sloppy and uninspired showing in Seattle. 

Good guys 4-2

Rasmus Dahlin with a multi point night. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Let's go, Buffalo!

A clunker on the 4th game of a west coast trip isn't much cause for concern. But failing to bounce back from that clunker could be.

Also: We are only a few games of status quo away from the power play being a 4-alarm fire. I want this team to challenge for a playoff spot. There's no effing way they'll sniff the playoffs with a power play like the one they have.

• Agree 1

The apprehension about the good start just being another mirage is palpable. 

They need to come out fast and determined like they did vs Calgary and Vancouver.

They also need more out of Power, Fitzie and Pilut than perhaps it's fair to expect.

And they need Skinner to start lighting the lamp, which is entirely fair to expect. 

And they need good goaltending.

Go Sabres. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

They're going to be tired.  Montreal has been home recently, and has traveled only within the time zone this season.  I don't see this one going well.

Home cookin' favors the Sabres tonight.  Wing-fed Sabres surge; poutine-less Habs falter.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

There is no reason to panic after the Seattle stinker.

The Sabres have played 6 games and played well in 5 of them.

Sorry, I am in full panic mode. Our defense is a mess. Maybe that doesn't matter against Montreal, but I'm in fear the season could go right down the tubes now. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.