The Goalie Carousel in the NHL

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Love the thinking, I just do not see it happening. Dallas has 18 million in cap space with Oettinger and Robertson needing new deals. 
With the Sabres not having their 2023 Third Round Pick, they are limited to an offer less than 4.2 Million or over 10.5. The former would be matched, the latter will that would be interesting. 

I would offer Eric Comrie 4 years at 3 Million AAV. Give Him an opportunity to start, especially if they cannot  pull any other goalies. At the very least they would have a capable back up for four seasons at a reasonable AAV. 

I don't mind the AAV of $3million, but as a career backup I only do two years, maybe three.

14 minutes ago, sweetlou said:

I don't mind the AAV of $3million, but as a career backup I only do two years, maybe three.

He’s not really even a career backup at this point in his career. He’s played a total of 28 NHL games, 19 of which came this past season. Before that, he had not had more than 3 NHL games in a season. 

11 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

He’s not really even a career backup at this point in his career. He’s played a total of 28 NHL games, 19 of which came this past season. Before that, he had not had more than 3 NHL games in a season. 

Comrie is next years Ville Husso.  Husso had 17 games of NHL experience by 26 year old entering last season.  Comrie was 26 last season.

2 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can someone explain to me why him ? 

He's not even experienced wtf 

Read the thread.

8 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:
8 hours ago, sabresparaavida said:

Comrie is next years Ville Husso.  Husso had 17 games of NHL experience by 26 year old entering last season.  Comrie was 26 last season.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

I did. 

Key" Realistically hope for"  Comrie

If that's even in Buffalo's plans  Another wonderful season without playoffs

This is what it is though.

Campbell - Kuemper  UFA that will not sign with us probably.

Any other goalie will be a fringe NHL goalie that is looking for a shot, those will be our targets and hope for the best.

So if everyone figures Kuemper to the Caps, Campbell to the Oilers, Murray to the Leafs and Holtby to IR, that’s it for seats on the ride, no?

All of the good seats are taken. All of the buyers have their guy.

We get the pick of the leftovers.

Edited by dudacek

15 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is what it is though.

Campbell - Kuemper  UFA that will not sign with us probably.

Any other goalie will be a fringe NHL goalie that is looking for a shot, those will be our targets and hope for the best.

Can we atleat sign a guy that has had more than 27 games in his career?  Or trade 

6 minutes ago, dudacek said:

So if everyone figures Kuemper to the Caps, Campbell to the Oilers, Murray to the Leafs and Holtby to IR, that’s it for seats on the ride, no?

I would rather they go full time with Anderson  What's the worst that could happen

He’s been bad, but Samsonov probably makes the most superficial sense if he and Anderson had a good relationship with the Caps.

He’s talented enough to be good, experienced enough to take a shot on and young enough to get better.

He’s certainly not the answer though.

Kuemper is the only proven goalie.

Campbell had 1 good half season with the Leafs. If Edmonton signs him long term they will regret it.

Everyone else is a risk.

Comrie had great numbers and analytics in 20 games. Basically the same as Husso but with a smaller sample size. He is still young and is looking for an opportunity to start. He is the best of what is available outside of Kuemper.

7 minutes ago, dudacek said:

It’s a hell of a catch-22.  We won’t attract decent vets until we’re respectable, and we won’t attain respectability without a few key decent vets.

Unless KA loosens his stance on players that want to be here and forces a goalie here in a trade, we’ll be stuck with picking from the discard pile hoping we catch a little lightning in a bottle.

Im not hopeful.  I really think KA needs to force a goalie in here and make damn sure the team plays well enough to keep his morale in check.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Can we atleat sign a guy that has had more than 27 games in his career?  Or trade 

I would rather they go full time with Anderson  What's the worst that could happen

Even if Anderson and UPL win the jobs, they’re still going to acquire 2 more goalies.

Subban, Tokarski, Griess, Halak, Comrie, Jones, Rittich, Lakinen, Domingue are the names I’m seeing still out there in free agency.

Im thinking a trade for Varlamov or Reimer or Quick, assuming they’re available, would be my Plan A. If the dominoes fall as I posted above, I don’t think there will be any other teams we’ll be bidding against.

Edited by dudacek

14 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Even if Anderson and UPL win the jobs, they’re still going to acquire 2 more goalies.

Subban, Tokarski, Griess, Halak, Comrie, Jones, Rittich, Lakinen, Domingue are the names I’m seeing still out there in free agency.

Im thinking a trade for Varlamov or Reimer or Quick, assuming they’re available, would be my Plan A. If the dominoes fall as I posted above, I don’t think there will be any other teams we’ll be bidding against.

Would consider best realistic case trading for Quick & signing Samsonov but expect at most Adams would only do 1 or the other.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.