The Goalie Carousel in the NHL

LGR4GM

That one stings a little.  We don't really have a Gustavsson to send back, but I'd like to think we could have made something work.

Edit:  Didn't realize that Gustavsson was such a high pick, he looks pretty equivalent to UPL.  So in that case, I'm glad we didn't go this route.

Edited by Shootica

Ottawa / Buffalo comp. will be an interesting one to keep an eye on. Both of us are rebuilding, they appear to be taking a more “push it forward” route while we appear to be taking a more conservative, run it back type approach. 

DeBrincat vs Hinostroza

Talbot vs (?) Anderson 

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

As long as that AHL starter isn’t our NHL backup then, I guess. As of now, he is. If not the starter 

OK, let's rephrase that, they wanted a guy that would be an NHL backup on THEIR team rather than a possible AHL starter for their farm team in return for Talbot.

• Like (+1) 1

Anyways here's what I found .

Samsonov missed the 2020 bubble playoffs after reportedly injuring himself in an ATV accident. The two players then ignored NHL COVID-19 protocols early during the 2020-21 season. Both players contracted COVID-19 after playing video games and watching UFC fights maskless in the same hotel room along with Alex Ovechkin and Dmitry Orlov. All four players missed games. Samsonov missed over a month of NHL time and lost his full-time starting goaltending position to rookie Vitek Vanecek in the process. The Capitals were fined $100,000 as a team.

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2021/05/04/kuznetsov-and-samsonov-could-be-suspended-more-than-one-game-laviolette-were-working-through-things-inside-the-room/

So which bones on the NHL goalie carcass are left for Kevyn Adams to fight for?

We can forget potential trade targets Quick, Varlomov and Gibson

Hill and Reimer in SJ are now the most likely trade targets

Kuemper and Campbell are the top UFAs and we are probably looking at Edm and Wash for those two players

That leaves Comrie, Samsonov, Rittich, Greiss  and Jones as UFAs.  Wow, I can smell the stench of next years goaltending from Atlanta.  

Can't wait to see Marvin Jones in net for Buffalo next season.  That should go well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.