The Goalie Carousel in the NHL

LGR4GM

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

round and round carousel GIF by Paul McCartney

We have new rider, welcome IlyaSamsonov!

His GAA and save percentage have decreased each of the last 3 years. I like his age but Washington letting him free to explore tells me they want an improvement.

I'd love if we took a shot at RFA Jake Oettinger but have a feeling we go Comrie. 

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His GAA and save percentage have decreased each of the last 3 years. I like his age but Washington letting him free to explore tells me they want an improvement.

I'd love if we took a shot at RFA Jake Oettinger but have a feeling we go Comrie. 

We can't no 3rd .

Just now, Buffalonill said:

We can't no 3rd .

Trade one of our extra 2nds to Vegas for our 3rd back then lol

1 minute ago, Buffalonill said:

But we already have a backup ?

We need a legit goalie or we can just kiss this season goodbye 

I 100% agree but with the "not block chances for our kids" line I can't see Adams going after a big name unless Holtby willing to sign for 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Who else do you think we can really get?

I think we're ***** and need a miracle tbh. 😄

7 minutes ago, tom webster said:

Well they could offer over $10M. They just drafted 22 players over two years. We shouldn’t need a number 1 for 4 more, should they?

I honestly would lough because the meltdown will be hilarious.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Chicago fans may boo him as well.  Some are pissed because the Buffalo trade didn't happen (thanks to Murray)..and so that 7th overall was then used to get DeBrincat instead.

I don't think Murray is an upgrade over Campbell for the Leafs. Unless he regains his "Pittsburgh form", I think the Leafs are worse off in net this season. Maybe they have faith in that Swedish kid who came on at the end of last season as a decent backup. 

24 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

It has to be as they can't afford anyone else. Now it leaves Ottawa competing with us in the goalie market.

Ottawa has its 2 goaltenders. Forsberg and Gustavsson. I don't believe they're looking. That's why Murray was expendable.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.