The Goalie Carousel in the NHL

LGR4GM

3 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Pretty much, I don't think they can afford anyone else unless they move one of the forwards for a goalie to free cap space.

Their front office appear to be high on Murray and believe his flaws can be fixed easily because many in their coaching staff and front office were with the Soo greyhounds in the OHL when Murray was there and know him well

I'm so looking forward to the implosion in Toronto.  Leafs fans it's not the goalie.  It your terrible defense.

I like the Comrie Idea.

Samsonov might not be a bad option, I don't care if he has an attitude problem, have to be a little crazy to be a goalie anyway.
And him not receiving an offer might have more to do with washington being tight against the cap and wanting to pay a goalie like Keumper or Campbell.

Yep revolving goalies and revolving coaches...everything is so predictable. Toronto have blamed their goalies  for as long as I can remember and that will not change with Murray.  So Dubas gets rid of one really bad goalie contract then acquires another? Great work there...

Edited by sabrefanday1

11 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Pretty much, I don't think they can afford anyone else unless they move one of the forwards for a goalie to free cap space.

Their front office appear to be high on Murray and believe his flaws can be fixed easily because many in their coaching staff and front office were with the Soo greyhounds in the OHL when Murray was there and know him well

I'm sure that because our goalie coach worked with Murray in Pittsburgh we thought we had a chance to "fix him". That said I'm glad we didn't get him. Yet we need someone to add to the mix that can compete with UPL or play at least 35 games as I can't see Anderson lasting long with his age and recent injury history. 

26 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kevin Weekes said the Sabres have an interest in trading for Jake Allen.  

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2022/07/nhl-rumors-2-teams-with-interest-in.html

He is an option provided they don’t give up too much. If the Sabres are out of the playoff race they can probably recoup what they give up at the trade deadline.

Carey Price’s health will determine Allen’s availability.

20 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Looks like another disappointing season of no playoffs .

Not if he does a Ville Husso and KA adds a stay at home defender or two.  I think the offense will continue to improve with the team rolling 4 good lines similar to 2004/5.  The caveat is holding teams to under 3 goals a game on average.  If we become a + differential team we can compete for a playoff spot.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Not if he does a Ville Husso and KA adds a stay at home defender or two.  I think the offense will continue to improve with the team rolling 4 good lines similar to 2004/5.  The caveat is holding teams to under 3 goals a game on average.  If we become a + differential team we can compete for a playoff spot.  

Hope  you're right but honestly there's no goalies left unless you overpay the max 

14 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hope  you're right but honestly there's no goalies left unless you overpay the max 

Truthfully he is one of only 2 goalies I see that is reasonably available to us with upside.  He has been improving nearly every year in the AHL and finally put together a solid NHL performance.  In many way he is our best option.  The other option with potential upside is Hill in SJ.  

I don't see KA paying 3+ for someone like Samsonov.  Allen appears to be off the market.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Truthfully he is one of only 2 goaliea I see that is reasonably available to us with upside.  He has been improving nearly every year in the AHL and finally put together a solid NHL performance.  In many way he is our best option.  The other option with potential upside is Hill in SJ.  

I don't see KA paying 3+ for someone like Samsonov.  Allen appears to be off the market.  

Who list 1-10 for you .

I was hoping for quick but 100% that's unlikely 

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not sure what you are asking.  Who do I think are the top 10 available goalies? 

Kuemper, Quick, Varlomov, Talbot, Gibson, Campell, Reimer, Comrie, Hill, and Samsonov

Sorry your wish list .

My belive 

Kuemper-  washington

Varlomov- stays

Gibson- stays 

Campbell-  Oilers

Quick - stays 

Talbot- stays

Left

Reimer, Comrie, Hill, and Samsonov

Hoping  for Reimer then 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.