Owen Power Paired With Henri Jokiharju

Brawndo

Just now, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I like the Joki pairing actually.  At least give it a look.

Not sure Butcher-Fitz is a strong enough pairing.  I think they're both complementary Dmen, neither is a pair leader.  I think.

I like Bryson with Fitz. 

Each pairing is opposite yet complementary. 

1 minute ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

If Dahlin does okay in the left side, that could be a very strong first pairing.

Dahlin is on the right in practice.

Just now, woods-racer said:

I like Bryson with Fitz. 

I want to like it but it makes me nervous.  I hope I'm wrong.  Maybe it will bring out the big guy in Fitz.

2 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

I like Bryson with Fitz. 

Dahlin is on the right in practice.

Sorry, I meant on his off side... the right.  I'm dextrist.

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

I like the Joki pairing actually.  At least give it a look.

Not sure Butcher-Fitz is a strong enough pairing.  I think they're both complementary Dmen, neither is a pair leader.  I think.

I’m sure neither Butcher nor Fitzgerald are NHL defenseman 

4 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

Put Samuelsson- Dahlin right into my veins!😀

Whoops GIF by DrSquatchSoapCoOr other places for that matter 

• Haha (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Fitz and Bryson will be a disaster in their own end.      I'd have gone with....

Samuelsson - Dahlin
Power - Pysyk
Jokiharju - Bryson

Yep, that's my concern too.

I expect Joki and Power to be a pairing tomorrow but I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of that is something Donny is working toward versus what he's doing right now. 

(i.e., let's see what the pregame skate pairings look like)

• Like (+1) 1

So the plan is put Dahlin on the right side rather than sign a RHD I suspect. 

I personally don't like the Joker Power pairing. Unlike many people here I do not think Joker is a particularly good D man. 

idk, I don't have a good pairing for him as the right side is weak top to bottom, but I'd start him with a vet like Pysyk if it was me. 

40 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I personally don't like the Joker Power pairing. Unlike many people here I do not think Joker is a particularly good D man. 

idk, I don't have a good pairing for him as the right side is weak top to bottom, but I'd start him with a vet like Pysyk if it was me. 

I don't think there is any question Jokiharju is a better defenceman right now than Pysyk.

And I don't mean more talented, I mean he defends better, he transitions better and he attacks better.

Over the season Pysyk has proven to be what he has been the past few years: a low-risk 6-7 who gets exposed against better players and with overuse.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Doubt it means much to be honest. If anything it may make a LHD vet defender possible but I doubt they want to go into next year with Jokiharju as their elder statesman on defense.

Fitz strikes me as a AAAA player or 7/8 guy. He’s a perfect gritty filler player but nowhere good enough to be a game in game out Top 6.

Edited by thewookie1
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.