Everything about the Coyotes is an embarrassment

LGR4GM

<s> Zegras hahaa, what a punk. Showing up the Coyotes with his unnecessary razzle dazzle and obnoxious celly.   He coulda just scored normally and skated to the bench.   So for that he deserves to get beat up. </s>

That's what it was like when I played, so I get where they're coming from... but the game isn't like that anymore, they should realize this.

The commentary was unfortunate. I have no problem with what beagle did. The crosscheck wasn't vicious. Players poking at the puck under your goalie that type of crosscheck is pretty common in any hockey game. Fowler confronted him and Beagle pushed him off. Then Terry grabbed hold of him and Beagle started swinging. Didn't keep throwing punches after Terry went down. Terry just got his ass kicked. No problem with Beagle at all. If Dahlin did that this board would would be so exited they'd cream their pants and have a 36 page thread praising Dahlin's toughness. 

• Like (+1) 1

I get the Coyotes frustration, sure.

But the  announcer is a complete tool.  “That’s the problem with these young players” he said.   Clueless. You don’t get beat on for “skilling it up”.  

The fight came about from jabbing at the puck under the goalie. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Digger said:

"Skill it up"?  That's a bizarre statement.  So they are saying they are against having players use their skills to score goals?

When your team has no skill you probably don’t want to play run and gun.

Bettman should just suck up his pride and move this team.

• Like (+1) 2

That’s a real loser mentality.  “You can score goals because you are better than me, so you deserve to get punched.”

I liked the Coyotes player holding back Zegras from addressing it with Beagle at the end.  What do you think he was saying to Zegras?  “It’s not worth it man, Beagle is an idiot.  Let it go”.  Maybe?

If Ana was up on us by 5 and they were digging  and hacking at a puck underneath Anderson I’m pretty sure the vast majority here would want the team to send a message that it won’t be tolerated.

Nothing to do with old school vs new school.

• Like (+1) 8

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

If Ana was up on us by 5 and they were digging  and hacking at a puck underneath Anderson I’m pretty sure the vast majority here would want the team to send a message that it won’t be tolerated.

Nothing to do with old school vs new school.

Animated GIF

I think us old timers call it character, fortitude, comradery, or just simply, guts.

The Sabres have it now. 

PPPFFTTT Arizona.

15 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

Animated GIF

I think us old timers call it character, fortitude, comradery, or just simply, guts.

The Sabres have it now. 

PPPFFTTT Arizona.

I just call it payback for kicking me when I’m down.

It’s been the same story for 50 years and is never going to change. The Sabres were the way more talented team than the broad street bullies. It didn’t matter when they lost to them in the SCFs.

For those that want to pretend that physical intimidation isn’t a part of the game,… good luck with that.

I’ll say it again, it’s one of the things that has me most hopeful about this current Sabres team moving forward. I think they can play that game and even thrive off it.

• Like (+1) 4

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It’s been the same story for 50 years and is never going to change. The Sabres were the way more talented team than the broad street bullies. It didn’t matter when they lost to them in the SCFs.

For those that want to pretend that physical intimidation isn’t a part of the game,… good luck with that.

I’ll say it again, it’s one of the things that has me most hopeful about this current Sabres team moving forward. I think they can play that game and even thrive off it.

So who is on the team now that you think represents this style of play?

2 minutes ago, SDS said:

So who is on the team now that represents your favorite style of play?

Well, none of them actually shy away from the rough stuff, but Cozens seem to have a special brand of crazy that I’m kinda fond of.

8 minutes ago, SwampD said:

The difference in that series was goaltending.  Bernie Parent was at his peak and was the best in the league for several years running.  

The rough stuff was a distraction, at times it was ridiculously officiated,  but not the reason they won. 

• Like (+1) 2