Colin Miller: What's he worth?

LGR4GM

"Going down a tier, Justin Braun, Calvin de Haan, Robert Hagg, Nick Leddy and Colin Miller are all solid veteran options that should have new homes by March 22. Miller got back into the lineup just in time to make himself available for the deadline after missing 23 games following an undisclosed surgery. A team is going to be really happy to pick up Miller."

I think he's worth a 2nd in 2023 but would want a first in 2023.

A playoff team who needs a RHD who can man the 2nd PP they should give up a 2nd for the rental of Miller (any veteran they're planning to start the rest of the season and playoffs). If the team just wants playoff depth they shouldn't offer higher than a 3rd. 

But Chiarot pulling a 1st + 4th + mid-level prospect (but unsigned NCAA contract) means the Sabres could get a 1st + nothing else for Miller with the right buyer.

Edited by DarthEbriate

He's an <30 aged RHD with an otherwise decent +/- history before coming to Buffalo.  If we trade him, would be great if GMKA could do a "Darcy Regier" and get a first rounder like Darcy got for Paul Gaustad 10 years ago (I know Goose was a center vs. RHD).  

Realistically though, I'd guess a 3rd round in 2022 or a 2nd round in 2023.

You can’t compare Miller to Chiarot’s return. The GMs remembered Chiarot’s playoff run last year and want that grit.

Miller has been out for 24 games and it sure showed last night. He might be one of the better RHDs available by Monday but I think a 1st is a no go.

Maybe a 2nd, maybe a prospect instead is about the max.

I read that St. Louis might be a fit for Miller.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Well let’s see.  Miller in the lineup we lose 6-1.  Miller out of the lineup Sabres win 1-0 in OT.  Coincidence I think not.

shhhh............we're trying to trade him.........let's just say he's a good RHD on a poor defensive team that can help a playoff bound team.  Let the bidding war begin.  😏

43 minutes ago, Digger said:

shhhh............we're trying to trade him.........let's just say he's a good RHD on a poor defensive team that can help a playoff bound team.  Let the bidding war begin.  😏

The list of players we’ve hated on these past years is long and many (most?) of them have had successful careers on other teams.

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/18/2022 at 11:20 AM, LGR4GM said:

"Going down a tier, Justin Braun, Calvin de Haan, Robert Hagg, Nick Leddy and Colin Miller are all solid veteran options that should have new homes by March 22. Miller got back into the lineup just in time to make himself available for the deadline after missing 23 games following an undisclosed surgery. A team is going to be really happy to pick up Miller."

I think he's worth a 2nd in 2023 but would want a first in 2023.

Maybe if Miller were healthy this year and respectably played he would have value. If the Sabres get a 4th round pick for him I would quickly walk away from the scene of the heist and not look back. It wouldn't surprise me if he drew no interest at all.