Sabres announce Peyton Krebs, JJ Peterka and Artuu Ruotsalainen called Up

Brawndo

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Asplund-Ruotsalainen-Olofsson
Murray-Krebs-Okposo
Bjrok-Eakin-Hayden

To put this into perspective, the bolded forwards in the lineup above played in the last game; this lineup does *not* include the following forwards from the last game:

Cozens, Girgensons, Hinostroza, Jankowski, Skinner are on the Covid list (or otherwise injured, but I think they're all Covid).

This team will find out how much Hinostroza means to this team 😉

Seriously though:  I'd rather see Cozens between JJ and Tuch, but Thompson should be fine.  Krebs is, as @dudacek mentions, in a position to succeed (or at least be protected).  I hope Artuu is up to the task between Asplund and Olofsson; that is the line I worry most about, especially if they get 2nd line opposition.

Regarding R2, when I watch him play for the Amerks, I seem to be watching a different player than when I watch him on the Sabres. He’s much more confident in the A it seems. He needs to trust his game more in the NHL. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Regarding R2, when I watch him play for the Amerks, I seem to be watching a different player than when I watch him on the Sabres. He’s much more confident in the A it seems. He needs to trust his game more in the NHL. 

Better line mates? 

I bet Bjork would look better with better people around him too. 

So so happy Sabre’s are back and, added to that, seeing the new faces of the future is REALLY exciting. Can’t wait for puck drop! 

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Is Skinner out with covid also?? 

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Better line mates? 

I bet Bjork would look better with better people around him too. 

So so happy Sabre’s are back and, added to that, seeing the new faces of the future is REALLY exciting. Can’t wait for puck drop! 

Is Skinner out with covid also?? 

Yeah, Skinner went into protocol at the same time as Zemgus 

• Thanks (+1) 1

As a Sabre fan these call ups make the team a more compelling team to follow. Getting a sooner than expected glimpse of these young prospects allows each of us to make our own judgment as to what the future prospect is for this franchise. If these players play well enough it will be an interesting argument as to whether it would be better for them to go back down when the roster players return or to keep them up based on their play. And as @K-9pointed out if R-2 shows that he can play at the NHL level it would be such a bonus for the present and near future. The pieces are in place for this team to become a competitive team. The question is how long will it take? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Or you can do it now and see what parts of their game don't translate well, and then go back to Rochester and work on those. 

Yes, I guess they have to do it with the players out due to Covid?   

We just started playing better again before the Covid pause so I would have left them in the AHL for awhile longer.  It will be fun to see what they do. 

23 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, I guess they have to do it with the players out due to Covid?   

We just started playing better again before the Covid pause so I would have left them in the AHL for awhile longer.  It will be fun to see what they do. 

In that case who would you have brought up instead? We’d need 2 other forwards brought up outside of Krebs and Peterka just to have 12 forwards for tomorrows game.

10 minutes ago, Norcal said:

This puts me in a little bit of a bind.

I was gonna grab a Tuch Heritage Classic Sweater but if JJ stays up with Buffalo I really don't know which one I want. 🤔 

I figured I could grab a #77 another time but here we are. 

Blank add a number later

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, sabresparaavida said:

In that case who would you have brought up instead? We’d need 2 other forwards brought up outside of Krebs and Peterka just to have 12 forwards for tomorrows game.

That’s not what I meant.  I prefer to wait, but we cannot.  I’m fine with it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, JohnC said:

As a Sabre fan these call ups make the team a more compelling team to follow. Getting a sooner than expected glimpse of these young prospects allows each of us to make our own judgment as to what the future prospect is for this franchise. If these players play well enough it will be an interesting argument as to whether it would be better for them to go back down when the roster players return or to keep them up based on their play. And as @K-9pointed out if R-2 shows that he can play at the NHL level it would be such a bonus for the present and near future. The pieces are in place for this team to become a competitive team. The question is how long will it take? 

I echo these thoughts.  Plus, who knows if any more players become infected with COVID.  That could keep these three up here even longer, regardless.  I'm just looking forward to seeing a bit of the future sooner than expected.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

This is fantastic.

I'm not ready to keep em up the rest of the year and hopefully they understand that this is likely temporary but, I'm all in.

I'm excited to see how they fit into the system and if they can improve the team on the ice. 

I will be dialed in to watch them tomorrow. Can’t wait for more Hockey. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.