Get Anything Cool for Christmas?

Taro T

So, what'd ya get that really stands out?

Wifey got me the Blu-ray/CD of the Rush R40 Live from a few years back.  Just about through the 1st set & that was an awesome concert.  Alex & Neil are/were such absolute masters of their craft & Geddy Lee fit them so well.

Sucks that the Professor is gone.

Hope all are having an excellent Christmas & that those that don't celebrate that holiday have a wonderful Holiday themselves.

• Like (+1) 6

A kayak.  

While we technically don't celebrate Christmas we still have some traditions that we enjoy.  Last night we had nice Turkish coffee in a very relaxed setting with traditional (non religious) Christmas songs playing.  We had a nice dinner last night.  We will be talking with the only family we are still in touch with (by design) at 5:00 PM this evening.  They are my cousins in Calgary.  After that we will be taking our traditional Christmas Day walk after dark to look at the moon and stars.

I had taken up kayaking late in the fall this year and really like it.  We have had a string on large expenses lately, but my beautiful wife insisted that she buy me a kayak.  She even said it was for Christmas.  So, there you go.

After over 30 years I would marry her all over again in a hot second.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Wifey got me the Blu-ray/CD of the Rush R40 Live from a few years back.  Just about through the 1st set & that was an awesome concert.  Alex & Neil are/were such absolute masters of their craft & Geddy Lee fit them so well.

Hope all are having an excellent Christmas & that those that don't celebrate that holiday have a wonderful Holiday themselves.

I was at that show and, I have to say, when Ben Mink came out to perform Losing It, I very nearly did.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Taro T said:

It's too bad for sure. They were / are one of my top 3 favourites. In my younger days I was good friends with the professor's nephew, but I couldn't care less about Rush then. In my late teens onwards, I caught the bug, but never got to meet the band. 

I think I've listened to Hemispheres 7 or 8 times in the last 2 weeks, with some live All the World's a Stage mixed in there.

After Geddy's voice went though I lost my taste for them live. I don't like that weird falsetto sound he does to help hit the notes he could easily hit in the younger years. Most of the songs I like best are almost fully out of his range now.

Edited by JoeSchmoe
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.