GDT - Ducks at Sabres - December 7, 2021 - 7:30 PM (EST) - ESPN+ / HULU & WGR

Sabres Fan in NS

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

The only angle that was close to level with the goal post, which was behind milano, made it look like a good goal. The others didn't, but were at angles that were impossible to discern with eyeballs. 

I never have thought that kind of goal is impressive, didn't like it when Svechnikov did a variation, and neither of those guys had any pressure. I see 8 year olds do that all of the time in pickup games with the same amount of time& space 

Yep. It wasn't what they are making it out to be.

I bet they've tried that in practice a dozen times.

No pressure, easy to do. UPL reacted a little late but what could he do. 

I yelled on the way out, F the pegulas, sell the team, take your yacht and get the F out of our city. 

It's rare that I didn't have any problem getting in our out of the stadium, no lines, no funneling towards the escalator, no parking issues, nada. What a fall from F'ing grace, they should be ashamed of themselves. 

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Isn't that the byline on the PSE letterhead?

Isn't it "Sailing for ourselves"? 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

At some point they are going to have to bring up the 4 kids from Rochester for a bit.  
Bring some energy to the team on the ice and the fan base

first step is to pair Samuelsson and Dahlin

That is only a first step in fantasyland.  In the reality of the NHL this is flawed.  Dahlin is not a confident and savvy Vet that a rookie like Samuelsson needs.  They both need NHL time with a strong veteran presence. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I was thinking Samuelsson would be the steadying of the pair. 😂

Well your probably right on that.  And 5hats part of the problem.  The program is out of synch if rookies have to steady and protect vets.  I want to vets - in the mold of Teppo - that can help our young defense.  Dahlin, Joker, Power and Samuelsson will need a few solid vets around. 

Hear me KA?   Opportunity knocks if you let it.  

17 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

That is only a first step in fantasyland.  In the reality of the NHL this is flawed.  Dahlin is not a confident and savvy Vet that a rookie like Samuelsson needs.  They both need NHL time with a strong veteran presence. 

But doing something like that would've gone against Clever Kevyn's magical plan. I mean if he did that the team might win games and we can't be doing that because it would ruin the magic plan!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Crusader1969 said:

At some point they are going to have to bring up the 4 kids from Rochester for a bit.  
Bring some energy to the team on the ice and the fan base

Buffalo is dead last in home attendance and even Arizona and Ottawa easily surpass Buffalo by more than 3k per game.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

There's no in-season acquisition going to move the needle, so I predict one, two or all of Krebs, Peterka, and Quinn will be up at some point this season.  And it may not be the GM pushing for that move.    

Edited by SabresVet

3 minutes ago, SabresVet said:

Buffalo is dead last in home attendance and even Arizona and Ottawa easily surpass Buffalo by more than 3k per game.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

There's no in-season acquisition going to move the needle, so I predict one, two or all of Krebs, Peterka, and Quinn will be up at some point this season.  And it may not be the GM pushing for that move.    

Alex Touch comes back at some point. 

7 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Well your probably right on that.  And 5hats part of the problem.  The program is out of synch if rookies have to steady and protect vets.  I want to vets - in the mold of Teppo - that can help our young defense.  Dahlin, Joker, Power and Samuelsson will need a few solid vets around. 

Hear me KA?   Opportunity knocks if you let it.  

That is why you keep Miller as 3rd RHD.

10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I've moved all around the arena because there is no one here, settled in to 106 for that nice balance of viewing and action closeness. It's the perfect spot to see just how bad this team is. They lack basic skills in passing and transition. They don't pinch correctly, they have no one going to the net or in the slot. It's really bad. 

So why do we continue to sing Coach Don Granato's praises? Same old same old as Krueger.

Just now, eman said:

So why do we continue to sing Coach Don Granato's praises? Same old same old as Krueger.

I wasn’t down on RK really, thought the Goaltending did him in just like it is with Granato now. 

I really liked Granato’s pre game interview where he talked about having the players play offense and keep developing skills and not just to be defensively obsessed 

1 minute ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I wasn’t down on RK really, thought the Goaltending did him in just like it is with Granato now. 

I really liked Granato’s pre game interview where he talked about having the players play offense and keep developing skills and not just to be defensively obsessed 

The team is a complete mess once again. At season's end, I would like to see Donny Meatballs record vs. Ralph's final season. This team has regressed yet again from the one that started the season. I no longer see Donny's "coaching style" as being superior. Defense still butter soft, still no grit or pushback whatsoever, and the passing is a mess once again. What happened to this team from the one that started the season?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.