GDT-Sabres @ Kings 10/31/21-4:00pm est

Norcal

• Norcal changed the title to GDT-Sabres @ Kings 10/31/21-4:00pm est
1 hour ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Glad Skinner is moving over to Girgs and Ok. I've thought he would do best with them, just put your head down and work hard and the chances will come. Skinner isn't a great passer but can clean up when he line mates get the puck to the net. 

Interesting.  Really don't like that move because Girgensons & Okposo's primary purpose is shutting down the other team's top line and Skinner is, to put it kindly, not good in his own end.

Agree that 1 of Skinner's 2 best skills when he's on his game is cleaning up garbage around the other net & that more than a few pucks get there for those 2.  

Hoping this is one of those "it's so crazy, it just might work" moves, but not overly hopeful that it does.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Ryan Miller stopped by practice as the Sabres were practicing in LA …. Interesting …. 

He was asking why they didn't call him instead of Craig.

30 minutes ago, Mustache of God said:

It's the perfect game time. 1pm Bills. 4pm Sabres. 

Actually not for me.  I will be watching the Bills at the Bills Backers bar and watching the Sabres at home so I'll probably miss most or all of the first period.

3 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Interesting.  Really don't like that move because Girgensons & Okposo's primary purpose is shutting down the other team's top line and Skinner is, to put it kindly, not good in his own end.

Agree that 1 of Skinner's 2 best skills when he's on his game is cleaning up garbage around the other net & that more than a few pucks get there for those 2.  

Hoping this is one of those "it's so crazy, it just might work" moves, but not overly hopeful that it does.

Skinner's positioning without the puck isn't great, that's true, but if he's actively hounding the puck carrier he's pretty good at stripping it.

12 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

He was asking why they didn't call him instead of Craig.

Actually not for me.  I will be watching the Bills at the Bills Backers bar and watching the Sabres at home so I'll probably miss most or all of the first period.

If you don't ride your bicycle home from the bar you can probably just miss the anthem.  😉

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.