GDT-Sabres @ Kings 10/31/21-4:00pm est

Norcal

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We have talent. We just had coaches that wasted it.

OK--thats straightforward. Ive just lost touch with the sabres over the past 5 yrs because they have looked so damn wimpy,out of position etc etc.

Good to know we have talent.

Did we get rid of the right guys as well though?

One guy who is surprising me a bit with his good start is okposo

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, calti said:

OK--thats straightforward. Ive just lost touch with the sabres over the past 5 yrs because they have looked so damn wimpy,out of position etc etc.

Good to know we have talent.

Did we get rid of the right guys as well though?

One guy who is surprising me a bit with his good start is okposo

Okposo used to be a scorer for the Isles. He was worth his deal based on that. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Jävə Keith said:

It's a great day in the 716!

I came outside to light up a victory cigar after the Bills win and watch the Sabres & sunset over Chautauqua Lake. My fave current Sabre adds the perfect spice.

Happy Halloween & Buffalo Double Play Day Sabresspace brothers!

signal-2021-10-31-173434~2.jpg

The Lake is a little turbulent today! 

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, calti said:

what has granato done to this team??? is it all mental???

"Mental" as in "mindset".  This team tends to push forward and create opportunities for themselves, be it on offence or defence.  Under XHCDB and XHCRK in particular, they were undeniably passive in mindset, whereas now they are more active in every phase of the game.

Also different is that this team plays with greater precision because good passing and positioning are emphasised in practise.  This carries over to games.

Lastly, this is the first time since 2012-3 that there are 4 lines and 3 defencive pairs of actual, honest-to-God NHL players.  We don't have regular shifts where the forwards, defence, or both are getting caved in.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Marvin, Sabres Fan said:

"Mental" as in "mindset".  This team tends to push forward and create opportunities for themselves, be it on offence or defence.  Under XHCDB and XHCRK in particular, they were undeniably passive in mindset, whereas now they are more active in every phase of the game.

Also different is that this team plays with greater precision because good passing and positioning are emphasised in practise.  This carries over to games.

Lastly, this is the first time since 2012-3 that there are 4 lines and 3 defencive pairs of actual, honest-to-God NHL players.  We don't have regular shifts where the forwards, defence, or both are getting caved in.

thanks for info....i havent been able to follow the sabers much in the past 5 yrs

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.