GDT: Tampa Bay @ Buffalo - 10/25/2021 - 7pm EDT

WildCard

So now they've beaten both of the Stanley Cup finalists from last season. 

RJ calling normal everyday acts of these jags commercials are even better when they're winning like this. 

2 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Song even fits the team; sort of a chaotic yet triumphant tune. 

It's beautiful. Especially this orchestra version. 

• Like (+1) 1

It looks like there are so many differences between these sabres and the past sabres

In the past, everyone played weak. Nobody hit anyone. everyone waited for jack to win the game for them. The goalies gave up easy junk and caused the team to quit.

I dont see that with this team. Time will tell though, i remember a long winning streak followed by a terrible rest of the season. im scare to get snake bit again

• Like (+1) 1

Stamkos used his shoulder to drive his principle point of contact to the face of a defenceless opponent. Not sure why that wouldn’t be a suspension. Except Stamkos.  Very reminiscent of the Kucherov cheap shot on Dahlin two years ago.

Loss looks good on those arrogant *****.

• Like (+1) 7

20 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Kind of arrogant by TB to pull their goalie with 5 minutes left. I don’t think it mattered. Elliott was awful on a couple of the goals.  

They came back from down three against the Red Wings, that other divisional upstart, in the second game of the season by pulling the goalie early (scored two with the goalie pulled).

• Like (+1) 1

Raddysh and Katchouk were all over on the forecheck and probably played with the most energy of anyone on the team. 

Probably no coincidence that they are also the bottom two on the roster and know their NHL careers hang in the balance.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Yuri said:

They came back from down three against the Red Wings, that other divisional upstart, in the second game of the season by pulling the goalie early (scored two with the goalie pulled).

I think they fully expected to score and come roaring back and the boys said nah, see yourselves out thanks for the 5 spot. 

• Like (+1) 2

Am I right to think the Zemgus line got the bulk of Tampa’s top guys tonight?

Hedman, Stamkos and Point had just 4 shots between them and were a combined -12.

Never in a million years would I have had Mark Pysyk and Robert Hagg as a shutdown pair on my bingo card. They’ve been surprisingly good.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Skibum said:

I love that they scored the first EN goal immediately after the face-off, from long distance no less. This team knows how to stick the dagger in and seal a win, which we haven't seen in 15 years around here. Up 3-1, they were still playing smart and aggressive. 

I really liked Donnie’s intense reAction to the icing call he thought Hedman touched.

Great message to the team that he was coaching to the buzzer and they need to play the same way.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I really liked Donnie’s intense reAction to the icing call he thought Hedman touched.

Great message to the team that he was coaching to the buzzer and they need to play the same way.

I loved it. Watch his post game presser, you would think they lost 5-1. Donny doesn’t play around. He is not going to accept a tank season. These guys will compete and grow each games whether they want to or not.

• Like (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, JoeSchmoe said:

All the fancy stats say otherwise....but I'm still taking the two.

One other note, when TB was down going into the 3rd and needed to score at least 2 goals and pulled their goalie w 5 minutes left, they were outshot by the Sabres 13 to 11 and outscored 3-0.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

You play I'll coach. We're in this together. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Stamkos used his shoulder to drive his principle point of contact to the face of a defenceless opponent. Not sure why that wouldn’t be a suspension. Except Stamkos.  Very reminiscent of the Kucherov cheap shot on Dahlin two years ago.

Loss looks good on those arrogant *****.

You're absolutely right, but nothing will happen and there will be no punishment for Stamkos. 

5-1 we had a chance to take a few liberties back at them/him but we don't do that (yet). Hopefully one day we will. We're less afraid of the front of the net this year. We push back a little. It's a work in progress, but it is progress. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Am I right to think the Zemgus line got the bulk of Tampa’s top guys tonight?

Hedman, Stamkos and Point had just 4 shots between them and were a combined -12.

Never in a million years would I have had Mark Pysyk and Robert Hagg as a shutdown pair on my bingo card. They’ve been surprisingly good.

Pysyk stood out tonight. He was excellent.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.