Dreger: Eichel situation may be shifting, multiple teams involved

Hoss

4 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Sabres winning would help Adams out a lot I bet. If we totally suck AND Jack is sitting there doing nothing, the pressure will increase on Adams and our return will be lower, IMO. 

Sorry about bolden, that an accident 

Really not sure how the results this year affect the Eichel trade at all.  Management & ownership know what they're icing this season.  The only thing affecting the return is Jack's health status.  IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Really not sure how the results this year affect the Eichel trade at all.  Management & ownership know what they're icing this season.  The only thing affecting the return is Jack's health status.  IMHO.

What does “icing the season” mean? 

I see a hungry team team ready to compete to the best of their ability. Not seeing a last place finish here. They will win their share of games. If they do start losing super bad, frustration will set in and seek relief and what do we have but Jack to try and fix things with. I should start a thread “Are we tanking?” Yes or no 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

I see a hungry team team ready to compete to the best of their ability. Not seeing a last place finish here. They will win their share of games. If they do start losing super bad, frustration will set in and seek relief and what do we have but Jack to try and fix things with. I should start a thread “Are we tanking?” Yes or no 

To the 1st bolded, exactly what it says.  They know what they are placing on the ice.

To the 2nd bolded, OK.  Personally find it a very dull question as it is simply parsing the same semantics that have been parsed the entire off-season.  But, there probably are several here that will join in that discussion, so if you do start that thread, have fun with it.

With the Zibanejad signing, it got me looking into how the Rangers ended up with him. It’s interesting. More of a business decision, rather than a hockey one, by the Sens. Strikingly similar to another business decision trade we were part of in the recent past. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-senators-revisiting-mika-zibanejad-trade/

I just hope the Eichel trade doesn’t turn out being a pure business decision. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, kas23 said:

With the Zibanejad signing, it got me looking into how the Rangers ended up with him. It’s interesting. More of a business decision, rather than a hockey one, by the Sens. Strikingly similar to another business decision trade we were part of in the recent past. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/ottawa-senators-revisiting-mika-zibanejad-trade/

I just hope the Eichel trade doesn’t turn out being a pure business decision. 

If that was the case he would have been gone already, like O'Reilly.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If that was the case he would have been gone already, like O'Reilly.

I hate to say it, but there’s going to be some point in the future when Terry grows tired of paying a player $10M to sit. Of course, this would be harmful to all involved parties. 

6 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

For it to render you have to remove all the extraneous link stuff (everything beginning with ?ref_src=

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, kas23 said:

I hate to say it, but there’s going to be some point in the future when Terry grows tired of paying a player $10M to sit. Of course, this would be harmful to all involved parties. 

Normally I might agree, but Terry would have to spend that money anyways because without Eichel, the Sabres don't hit the Cap floor, he needs that money spent to reach the minimum he needs to spend on the team for the season. If anything, him not playing might help him save money if the contract is insured and the insurance kicks in with him being out for failing his physical. Eichels cap hit counts in the 'Cap Math', and Terry lets his insurance company pay the contract instead of his wallet

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Normally I might agree, but Terry would have to spend that money anyways because without Eichel, the Sabres don't hit the Cap floor, he needs that money spent to reach the minimum he needs to spend on the team for the season. If anything, him not playing might help him save money if the contract is insured and the insurance kicks in with him being out for failing his physical. Eichels cap hit counts in the 'Cap Math', and Terry lets his insurance company pay the contract instead of his wallet

Makes sense. Would love to be a fly on the wall in meetings with the Sabres and the insurance company. We assume they are the ones blocking the surgery and assume they will soon have to pay for Jack being unable to perform his job. 

On 10/10/2021 at 9:50 AM, bob_sauve28 said:

Are we any hungrier than other teams that actually have goaltending?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.