GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 10/4/21 7pm ET Streaming on Sabres.com, WGR550

Doohickie

8 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

Hopefully buffalo is smart enough to understand  You don't have to rush every single  Prospect.

I don't buy that it hurts players to get NHL experience. At this level you don't get better playing against worse competition. If Peterka looks capable then challenge him. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

I’d rather watch players like him and Weisbach than another year of Okposo and Eakins.

I sort of agree. I don’t mind watching Okposo, he’s been one of the best players in the game tonight. 

I’d also rather watch JPP and Weissbach than Eakins and Drake, but both might be better served dominating in the AHL for now. It depends on their mental fortitude of whether or not they can survive a season of getting caved in the NHL right now. I think Cozens should also spend time with the Amerks, but that doesn’t seem likely. 

• Like (+1) 1

Gonna stick with the things I liked tonight. Going to have to to make it through the year:

Speed, speed, speed - we’ve got it.

Hinostroza is no impact player, but he looks like an NHL hockey player. He’s fast and he competes.

Rasmus Asplund played hard and smart.

Victor Olofsson looked like he was taking it upon himself to create, instead of just lurking. Looked like he understands that he is going to need to take another step.

JJ Peterka didn’t have a great game overall, but he scored. A goal scorer’s goal. Again. It’s a skill we’re really going to learn to appreciate this year.

See above, at least the goal scoring part, for Casey Mittelstadt. Those were some sweet hands. Hope he will show us why we need to appreciate him this year.

Kyle ***** Okposo.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I hope one day someone puts fun into my funeral. 

My wife and I have in our wills that our ashes are to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel while a playing a recording of Monty Python's "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Peterka's goal was impressive.  Not the finish, but his ability to regain possession by beating not one but two defenders to the puck after being pushed to the outside.   Elite skating ability on display there.   Exciting future for this young man.

• Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.