GDT: Columbus at Buffalo 10/4/21 7pm ET Streaming on Sabres.com, WGR550

Doohickie

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

I am not convinced that Dahlin and Joko should be a pair out there...problem is, I can't think of a better set of pairings given our current roster of misfits.

Dahlin needs a defensive oriented partner with some grit to balance him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

I am not convinced that Dahlin and Joko should be a pair out there...problem is, I can't think of a better set of pairings given our current roster of misfits.

Dahlin and Jokiharju have been dreadful in this game. If that is the top pairing this team is likely to be the worst Sabres team ever and possibly the worst NHL team in the history of the NHL. 

Keep in mind Columbus is NOT a good team. 

Guys in preseason supposedly trying to make the team looking disinterested? It's like they hope to be waived to get away. 

S##tshow

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I don't know what to tell you. They're going to have to get really good at playing defense I guess. 

But they WON'T get good at defense.  They'll cheat to try to take away shots & passes that would be harmless because they're afraid the goalie will blow the shot.  Which will open up passing lanes & create even better chances.

The only way they'll play right is if Granato's significantly even better than @Doohickie & a couple of others are expecting.  And to be that good, the Sabres have to have lucked into Scotty Bowman in his prime.

Totally get why Adams doesn't want to waste pieces on bringing in a goalie in a lost season.  But, he's going to not just lose games but lose development as well if the GTing doesn't significantly improve.

My 2 cents.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 minute ago, pastajoe said:

I’d rather watch players like him and Weisbach than another year of Okposo and Eakins.

Maybe but it may be best for their development to play on a winning team in Rochester (hopefully it's a winning team).

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

Dahlin and Jokiharju have been dreadful in this game. If that is the top pairing this team is likely to be the worst Sabres team ever and possibly the worst NHL team in the history of the NHL. 

Keep in mind Columbus is NOT a good team. 

Guys in preseason supposedly trying to make the team looking disinterested? It's like they hope to be waived to get away. 

S##tshow

The worst teams in history were the expansion Capitals and Scouts who were given minor leaguers and has beens. They got smoked in almost every game. But at least they had an excuse.

12 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

Standing around, not taking bodies just reaching

That's been a problem for a few seasons now. Not much physicality and really obvious by the defence. Still has gone unaddressed and it will be a huge problem when the regular season starts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.