Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

44 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

“Thanks dudacek for coming to work at the corporate office while we had so many people out. But your branch office and friends are suffering and it might close soon without your help. Since our staff is back to full strength, we would really appreciate it if you could help them out, knowing that we fully intend to move you up to the corporate office next year.”

First, let me preface this by saying this is why I hate business/ sports analogies because I find them seldom analogous.

However, my response to this would be “ thank you sir but I think staying at the corporate office is better for my long term growth and I believe that I am at least partially responsible for our surprising growth and have this earned my position here. Furthermore, I believe there is little support for our current structure and instead of supporting the corporate office I believe the industry is moving away from artificially supporting a local branch office structure.

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

This seems short sighted. The point of them going to Rochester is to make sure Rochester makes the playoffs and their season gets extended. We want that so they get more experience to serve Buffalo next season when it matters. You're over here complaining about checkers while Adams should be playing chess. 

Players such as Krebs and Samuelsson are benefiting more from a developmental standpoint playing with Buffalo than if they were in Rochester helping the team to make a playoff push. As @dudacek stated Rochester is there to serve the needs of the Sabres and not vice versa. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Players such as Krebs and Samuelsson are benefiting more from a developmental standpoint playing with Buffalo than if they were in Rochester helping the team to make a playoff push. As @dudacek stated Rochester is there to serve the needs of the Sabres and not vice versa. 

And the needs of the Sabres are to get their developing young players some playoff experience, which hasn’t happened at the NHL level for over a decade.

4 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

And the needs of the Sabres are to get their developing young players some playoff experience, which hasn’t happened at the NHL level for over a decade.

You’re not wrong that it would be good for the top prospects.

I just think you might be overestimating the importance of a run.

Have there been a lot of contenders out there where that has been a key element? I bet there are more where it wasn’t a factor at all.

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

You’re not wrong that it would be good for the top prospects.

I just think you might be overestimating the importance of a run.

Have there been a lot of contenders out there where that has been a key element? I bet there are more where it wasn’t a factor at all.

A number of Tampa players including Vasilevskiy got playoff experience in Syracuse. 

17 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

A number of Tampa players including Vasilevskiy got playoff experience in Syracuse. 

Oh there’s no doubt that some players got valuable experience in an AHL playoff run, I just doubt it’s been a crucial element for most cup winners.

Palat and Killorn went on nice runs.

But Point didn’t, Hedman didn’t Stamkos didn’t, Kucherov didn’t, Coleman, Cirelli, Sergachev, Cernak, McDonough, and Vasilievskiiy didn’t either.

Edited by dudacek

8 hours ago, JohnC said:

And as I stated, checkers versus chess. If you think that's what I want or am saying you don't understand my point. 

8 hours ago, kas23 said:

If I were them and I got sent down to earn the salary equivalent 5 AHL games vs an NHL salary, I’d be pissed at that age. If the Sabres season was over, this would be a very different situation. 

The Sabres season is over. Of course this doesn't really matter because Buffalo isn't sending them down. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I think there has been a concerted effort by the Sabres to treat every game down the stretch like it matters in order to develop talent and culture. I think it’s working. 

I don’t think Adams and Granato think the season is over. After what we’ve seen the past decade of Marches and Aprils, I thank them for it.

They keep preaching how every day is another day to develop and get better.  In a "throw away" season, that's how to lessen the blow of it.  And, this throw away season has been entertaining minus a stretch in January / February.  (They still came to play even in the goaltending purgatory portion of the season when they couldn't get many wins.)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

I think there has been a concerted effort by the Sabres to treat every game down the stretch like it matters in order to develop talent and culture. I think it’s working. 

I don’t think Adams and Granato think the season is over. After what we’ve seen the past decade of Marches and Aprils, I thank them for it.

Ok, we don't agree. You're now changing the conversation into something it's not. What you've written here is not what I'm talking about or alluding to.

We've gone from Rochester making the playoffs to a philosophy debate on team culture. I'm not interested in it to be honest because good culture survives minor changes. 

Edited by LGR4GM

23 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ok, we don't agree. You're now changing the conversation into something it's not. What you've written here is not what I'm talking about or alluding to.

We've gone from Rochester making the playoffs to a philosophy debate on team culture. I'm not interested in it to be honest because good culture survives minor changes. 

On the contrary, I have been saying from the beginning the reasons for not sending Mule and Krebs down are cultural.

I agree good culture survives minor changes. I also think it’s a slippery slope you need to tread with care. We’re still early in our culture-building process.

Edited by dudacek
  • Thanks (+1) 1

6 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

And as I stated, checkers versus chess. If you think that's what I want or am saying you don't understand my point. 

The Sabres season is over. Of course this doesn't really matter because Buffalo isn't sending them down. 

With all due respect, this isn’t an argument that falls under the “checkers vs. chess,” argument. C v. c implies a definitive benefit. This argument falls under differing opinions with regards to benefits resulting from different scenarios.

• Thanks (+1) 1

I expect that the original plan was to make sure the Amerks got in the playoffs for the competition.  But when nearly all of the Amerks worth mentioning ended up in Buffalo, the need for a higher level of competition was negated.  Change of plan.  Keep them up.

What was a list of Krebs, Quinn, JJP, Mule, Fitz, Bryson, I’m sure I am missing someone, is now just Quinn and JJP.  The priority to get the Amerks into the playoffs to get this list of kids playing at a higher competitive level was reduced.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.