Rochester Americans 2021-2022

Brawndo

10 hours ago, K-9 said:

No Bryson, but they assigned Samuelsson, Fitz, and Krebs to the Amerks last week so they’d be eligible for an AHL playoff run. 

I'm not worried about the kids in the playoffs yet, my concern is that they make it to the playoffs in the first place. Both Sabres and Amerks seasons are scheduled to end on 4/29 and the Sabres aren't sending anyone down until Power signs (if then, depending on injuries).

Right now, the Amerks are in 6th place in their division based on winning percentage and every team in front of them has games-in-hand. This season the top 5 in the North make it, with the bottom two getting a wildcard round of their own. The Alt pickup is a good thing for the chase for that 4th/5th spot. (Granted: so is getting Malone, MacInnis, and Quinn healthy and getting Jankowski through waivers.)

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

To bad the Amerks need every point to make the playoffs, I’d love to see Quinn get a few more games in Buffalo.

Really surprised to see them so far back even tho they have a winning record...seems like their entire division has a winning record.

They score a lot of goals but they have given up the second most in the AHL...their goaltending has been atrocious it seems.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Damn...Quinn is really freaking good...

48 points in 32 games...

Can't wait til he is up here for good next year along with Peterka

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Really surprised to see them so far back even tho they have a winning record...seems like their entire division has a winning record.

They score a lot of goals but they have given up the second most in the AHL...their goaltending has been atrocious it seems.

I’ve watched a ton of their games and despite his defense being thinned by call ups and injuries during the course of the season resulting in numerous shots and scoring chances against him, UPL has crapped the bed in his own right much of the time. Good goalies need to make the big, difficult save with regularity and imo UPL is not up to the task. He just may not be a very good goalie. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I’ve watched a ton of their games and despite his defense being thinned by call ups and injuries during the course of the season resulting in numerous shots and scoring chances against him, UPL has crapped the bed in his own right much of the time. Good goalies need to make the big, difficult save with regularity and imo UPL is not up to the task. He just may not be a very good goalie. 

I think he just needs structure in front of him. That’s why he’s looked better with NHL dmen in front of him rather than the hot mess The Amerks have iced due to injuries and callous.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

It's crazy because when he was playing with the Sabres he was excellent most nights.

Perhaps this is a case where he is better in the NHL than the AHL? Wouldn't be the first time a goalie pulled that off.

10 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Amerks are barely in a playoff spot. Just .003% lead over Belleville. But only .001% behind 4th place Syracuse, .020% behind 3rd place Toronto and .032% behind 2nd place Laval.

https://theahl.com/22playoffprimer

Something doesn't add up:  Rochester and Toronto both have 13 games remaining, Rochester has 2 more points (70 vs. 68), but Toronto has a higher point % (0.576 vs. 0.556). 🤨

Edit: Rochester has played 4 more games, so point % is right.  Why do they have the same GR?  Are teams not playing the same # of total games?

Edited by carpandean

39 minutes ago, carpandean said:

Something doesn't add up:  Rochester and Toronto both have 13 games remaining, Rochester has 2 more points (70 vs. 68), but Toronto has a higher point % (0.576 vs. 0.556). 🤨

Edit: Rochester has played 4 more games, so point % is right.  Why do they have the same GR?  Are teams not playing the same # of total games?

Correct.  Teams are not playing the same amount of games.  Playoff seeding is based strictly on points%.  

49 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I just noticed that JJ and Quinn are both 1 and 2 for rookie of the year  In points

That's pretty cool 

Especially considering Quinn has played a fraction of the games the other players on the leader board have. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.